A new year a new me..?..!

Options
New here and looking for any help and support i can get. I am a very overweight unhappy person. I need to lose 50-60 pounds. I have failed every attempt .... I have heard others talk about My Fitness Pal and at this point I have nothing to lose!

Replies

• VinVenture
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :D Keep in mind, the biggest weightloss happens in the kitchen, and excercise is more for fitness and health than pure weightloss.
  • ameads21
    Options
    Welcome ThinkThinAgain!

My best advice to you for this time around is to just keep a positive attitude! I know it may seem hopeless sometimes when you feel like you've tried everything, but something's gotta give at some point. And always remember every healthy choice you make, from choosing water over soda, or the veggie side instead of fries, MAKES a difference. And you will feel so much better and in control over your life and weight if you continue to make even just small changes like that! Rome was NOT built in a night, and neither will your ideal body be, so keep your head up and realize there is ALWAYS a way to make things better. Take your time and every healthy day is a step closer to your goal. Even if you have one set back every once and while, look at the bigger picture of all your efforts and dont beat yourself up about it. If you're not even going to support yourself in these healthy decisions, then who will? Be your own support system and keep your head up! Im here if you need to vent about frustrations/need advice!

Best of luck,
    xoxo
    Amanda
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome! A year ago I was in the same place as you, needing to lose 55 pounds or so. I am down a total of 43 (40 w/ MFP) and it has been fun and exciting to get here! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • bruthacuervo
    bruthacuervo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged.. thats mostly it. There is so much advice here, now, realize that not ALL of that may apply to you! Everybody is different, and what works for me, or works for them, may not work for you.

MFP i think is mostly about getting you AWARE---Aware of what your putting in, and what your putting back out. Eat the excercise calories.. dont eat the excercise calories, carbs good... carbs bad.. you will get so many different schools of thought that one answer will contradict another. Bottom line, if you find something that seems to be working for you... then you go with that.
  • journey2012
    Options
    Best advice:

-- STAY positive
    -- Take it one step at a time.
    -- Don't think you know what you are putting in your mouth at all times is "calories free" -- count those calories every one, even if you are over your allotment, it'll help in the end.
    -- there is no finish line in this journey. It's a constant battle daily - I know for me its a food addiction I have and with that I have to eat every day faced with it - but all in moderation
    -- try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in a day

and most importantly:

LOVE YOURSELF THROUGH THIS JOURNEY EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! :)
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - I wish you every success. Keep positive and keep us posted with your success.
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This is a great place to start!