Stairs

Options
Anyone else using jogging the stairs for your workout? I do this and jog twice a week.. seem to be toning..

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Not currently but I've done it several times. Just twice a day in 10 min intervals on my breaks at work can really build some nice legs.
  • Alimacoo
    Options
    I've been doing this as my main exercise for almost one year now and ive lost 70 ponds! I do 22 flights 3 times in a row 4 or 5 nights a week.only takes about 15 minutes and maaaan have my legs gotten more toned! I've give from a 22 to 12 :)

Keep up with it, whatever toning youre noticing right now will only increase with time! Good job!
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I signed up to do a fund raiser that will have me go up 56 flights of stairs so I have started training for it- it is a great exercise! I can really feel it in my legs, hip, and tush!
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started the stair climber at the club two days ago and have done two sets. Based on my HRM my heart rate runs much higher and burns more calories per hour. Well I can't go a full hour but for the 30 minutes I do I see a big difference verses other work outs. But at 55 you know the ole bones start to hurt a couple days late so that is where I am right now. Going to try tonight anyway.
  • QingTing
    QingTing Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That would be similar to stadiums, no? From what I hear it's the best workout, but maybe not if you are only climbing 1-2 flights :)
  • Elfinmajic
    Elfinmajic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use them when the weather is bad. I don't jog though, steady walking for 30-40 minutes. Great workout.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Step aerobics is great toning for the lower body and lots of fun.
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    Yes , and I absolutely love it.

I sometimes amp it up by running intervals on the stairs. My legs have definitely reaped the benefits of this intense workout routine.

It's so amazing!
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love the stairs ok I hate the stairs but when I can't leave the office I will climb the stairs in 10 minute intervals!!! Something is better than nothing and it hurts!!!!!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Running stairs is one of the best workouts you can do for cardio and leg strength.
  • Tarah1218
    Options
    I started the stair climber at the club two days ago and have done two sets. Based on my HRM my heart rate runs much higher and burns more calories per hour. Well I can't go a full hour but for the 30 minutes I do I see a big difference verses other work outs. But at 55 you know the ole bones start to hurt a couple days late so that is where I am right now. Going to try tonight anyway.

Me too...started a week ago. Killer stuff. My legs hurt everyday now, ahha. So much easier to get my heartrate up without feeling like my lungs are going to expload. I am a forever lover now...the first week I hated it though! Today I loved it. I think I just needed a week to get used to it.
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    Thanks all! Im excited to keep running them!
  • richwhite007
    Options
    I just ran my 14,200 th flight of stairs for the year .... its pretty much my primary source of cardio work and I LOVE them compared to straight line running ! ... Next year I plan to run 15,000 flights !
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    Yes, if I need to burn more claories at night, I put in 20 minutes going up and down our basement steps. I'm "working it" by the end of it and I build up a slight sweat! It's worth it!
  • mom2schnauzers
    Options
    I started doing stair jogging about a month ago--- 5 min a day, 5 day a week. Am finally starting to see results along w/ using the Fitness Pal calorie count--- down almost 6#.