Do you look like your siblings?

Options
misskerouac
misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
I often look at my sister (she's 3 years older) and think "How the heck did we come from the same parents!" (I mean, I'm assuming, we've often accused my mom of making it with the imaginary milk man as my sister and I don't look like and also don't look like my parents)

She is 5'10", I'm 5'7"
She has DDD's, I have A's
She has lean calves and thighs, I have chunky calves and thunder thighs.
She carries her weight in her middle, I carry it in my *kitten*
She has glasses, I have perfect vision
She has perfect teeth, I'm looking at braces for the second time in my life
We are both fair skinned, but she can tan, I just get freckles (no tan at all)

It's weird how we both came from the same genetics and are so different physically.

Replies

• livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. There is no question we are Def. related in the face and in the bodies. One of the reasons I am wanting to lose weight is because my brothers are also obese and I want to inspire them. But I know sisters who look nothing alike at all.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My brother absolutely looks like the masculine version of me, & me the feminine version of him. I love it, we are close in age, and growing up people would ask if we were twins (even though that doesn't make any sense. LOL).

My oldest and youngest daughter look a lot alike, they are built slightly, have blue eyes and darker coloring, similar bone structure and hair. My middle daughter looks nothing like them, though, she has a really athletic build and is tall, an Amazon really, super-blonde toe head, with big dimples which the brunettes lack. She also has blue eyes, but hers are light, where the others have darker grayish-navyish eyes like mine. She looks nothing like them. Once a lady asked me if she had a different father than the others, in line at the grocery store. LOL (ETA: they do have the same father. LOL Genetics are just not so simple as your sixth grade science teacher made them seem)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Once a lady asked me if she had a different father than the others, in line at the grocery store. LOL

lol, She'll probably get what my sister and I get all the time. We've literally had to pull out our ID's (before we had our husbands last names) and prove that YES, indeed, we are related.

We are pretty close, hang out together a lot, and most of the time people just assume we're friends, even our eye colour is different, face shape, noses, mouths, body shape, EVERYTHING.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My sister is
    Brunette
    5'2"
    120 lbs
    Brown eyes
    petite

I am
    Blonde
    5'6"
    172.5 lbs (had to be exact :happy: )
    Blue eyes
    and anything but petite.

Maybe our moms knew the same milk man. :ohwell:
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    My brother, sister and I all look quite similar - definitely the same family. And we all take after our dad.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I don't have any siblings but people always say they can see the family resemblance between me, my aunt, and my cousin, which is interesting because we are NOT biologically related! :laugh:
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I'm 4'11", dark blonde hair, hazel eyes and skin with pink-ish undertones (well I guess you can see my picture..). She's 5'4" with dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and olive skin. I carry all my weight in my stomach, her weight spreads evenly over her hourglass shape. Our noses are completely different shape, our hair is different textures.

Our smiles are the only thing that are similar to each other.

However, put us in a room together and you'll know without a doubt we're sisters... we have similar timbers to our voice and have very similar mannerisms.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    No, not at all.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I look more like my mother, whereas my brother looks like my father, but you can also tell we are related. Same height and general body shape.
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Growing up, I looked completely different from my siblings. They all had dark hair and freckles while I was blond with no freckles. I used to get teased about being adopted all the time!
    Now that we're older though, people are always mistaking me for my sister and vice versa. My hair went dark when I was about 12 and my sister's freckles faded when she was a teenager. We both look alot like our Dad, whereas our brother looks like our Mum and our other sister looks like a mixture between the 2
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    it is very obvious that my 3 siblings and i came from the same pair of parents.. we are all a perfect blend of our mom & dad (each in different ways of course but we do resemble each other a lot!)
    my sister is a fairer version of me except she has the cubby cheek thing so she looks my age when she is 12 years older than i
    my brothers are taller, darker, more masculine versions of us ..funny
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I look nothing like my brother. My fiance, however, we always get people asking if we're siblings. I don't think we look anything alike...
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    No. My 3 siblings are tall and lean, and I'm the short chunk. I'm pretty sure they found me in the McDonald's parking lot after my birth parents left me there. (LOL - I actually look a ton like my mom's side of the family, but not like my mom... Her first cousin and I could be twins... Only 30 years apart.)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    There's similarities between me and my brother, but my sister... nope. Then again me and my brother were adopted (different parents, too), so the similarities we share are even weirder considering.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    nope we dont look anything alike!

i went to watch her have a tattoo the other day and i made a reference to "mum" and the guy said "oh wow are you two sisters then?"
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Nope, all my siblings look like my moms side of the family and I am an exact replica of my dads oldest sister when she was my age.

They range between 5-6 and 5-8 while I stand 4'10", The only thing we all have in common is the same hair color.
  • mwilbur27
    Options
    Definitely not. My sister is 5'3 red hair, blue eyes, pale skin and a million freckles, and has always been on the petite side. I'm 5'6 used to be blonde, green eyes, can have a nice tan, and have always been built like a brick house.
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think I look a little bit like the second youngest but nothing like the other 2 older ones. I am the youngest BUT I have a different father to the others so it's not a stretch that we don't look alike.

Me:

6293658790_1517637ae7.jpg

This is my mother, niece and sister:

2390721707_8e6a5a803e.jpg

My eldest sister and her daughter:

3392913759_f168c1c4ab.jpg

My brother and his wife (he is one of those who can't smile naturally it seems :laugh:)

3393727520_790c77d009.jpg

What do you guys think?

I am the tallest girl out of the siblings, at 5'4 1/2, then my brother is 6'2. They all have dark hair, mine is naturally a mousy colour. Me & the next youngest have hazel eyes, the 2 eldest have brown eyes. My brother is tall and lanky, although he is getting a bit of the middle age spread going on. My eldest sister has always had an issue with her weight but she has thyroid issues. The next youngest has always been thin but she is a little pear shaped, her booty is roooound but not huge. I have a more hourglass figure on a small frame.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I'm the oldest. I'm tall, thicker. My middle sister is petite. The youngest is average, more thicker too. We might resemble each other in some ways. The youngest and myself look more like my dads side of the family.. while the middle sister looks more like my mom's side.

We're all hotties though so that's what counts! :wink: We all have my momma's nice legs too.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't look anything like my brother and sister (who is actually my twin). They are both tallish (he's 6'1, she's 5'7) and blonde. I am short (5'1) and brunette. I was always chubby growing up, and they were always thin. Now, they are chubby and I am thin. Haha.