Going to bed hungry.....

Options
I sort of like that feeling.... not starving hungry - just hungery a little bit - it makes me feel like it is working...

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I have broken two of my five weight loss plateaus by doing this a few nights in a row :P
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean. i am the same way. i feel like it's working if i go to bed hungry, but not like i am so hungry that my belly hurts.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    There is a feeling that I used to call "hungry", but now I have realized it's just "not full". Big difference, but I didn't really differentiate before. I'm fine with going to bed with that feeling. Not hungry though. I don't do the hunger thing.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I hate it. I like to cram food in right before bed and go to bed full. Love it.

Glad you found something you enjoy though!
  • lessac
    lessac Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Ditto! I never manage to fall asleep with the uneasy feeling of impending hunger.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Me too, I usually finish eating about 20 minutes before I go to bed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options

Lol, so do I.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    There is a feeling that I used to call "hungry", but now I have realized it's just "not full". Big difference, but I didn't really differentiate before. I'm fine with going to bed with that feeling. Not hungry though. I don't do the hunger thing.

GREAT wording!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I sort of like that feeling.... not starving hungry - just hungery a little bit - it makes me feel like it is working...

Nothing wrong with that as long as you are eating enough throughout the day.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    i feel skinny when i go to bed hungry :) sometimes its hard though because i get off work at 1130 some nights and i'm starving when i get home.
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like a small snack before I go to bed.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I figure if my body is lacking nutrition enough to actually feel hungry I better feed it. Hate going to bed hungry, makes me feel miserable and a great way to lose motivation.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I must go to bed full or I can't sleep. I can be hungry during the day though.
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have gotten into the routine of replacing my late night snack for a cup of hot tea. Decaf chai is my choice. It satisfies my taste buds, and doesn't make me feel guilty when I know I'm not really hungry and I can still fight off my cravings. It is okay to go to bed a little hungry-not ravenous. I know I've eaten enough through out the day.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    totally agree with the hot cup of tea... it does the trick...
  • y_53kg
    y_53kg Posts: 35
    Options
    It's probably because we're eating much less now.. so i dont mind that feeling.
    But starving myself is a big no..
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Bedtime is the hardest time for me.
    Not so much any longer, but getting past this was a huge challenge.

I used to awaken at night when I knew everybody was asleep and eat dinner all over again, then go to bed STUFFED!
    It was hell breaking that bad habit, but I did, yet still have the cravings.

You can also overcome this.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

QFT.

Im sure is Sidesteal just reading my mind...
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I can't go to bed hungry, or else I will not sleep. When this is the case, I'll give in and have a glass of milk to tide me over until breakfast. Usually though, I have a decent dinner two or three hours before bed so I'm not hungry later.