Do you look like your siblings?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have two older sisters. They are obviously sisters and, while I look as if I am most likely related, it appears as if we are no closer than cousins.

I'm 5'10" with curly reddish brown hair and millions of freckles. I have an hourglass figure, but I have freaky long legs and a short torso (and short arms and small hands)
    My next sister, who is about a year and a half older, is 5'2" with dark blonde/light brown stick straight hair and a peaches and cream complexion. She has short legs and a long torso and is definitely more bottom heavy, with a miniature waist.
    My oldest sister is 5'6" with medium-dark brown mostly straight, slightly wavy hair, a standard complexion (no freckles to be found -BOO!) and is shaped pretty much like what I imagine the average woman to be.

My sister (the short one) has been known to joke that she got my dad's dominant genes and my mom's recessive ones, my oldest sister got my mom's dominant genes and my dad's recessive ones, and I... well, I got all the "leftovers."

On another note - my hubby and his sister look SOOOO much alike that people have asked if they are twins (although her hair is slightly darker and she has hazel eyes and his are blue). She's 4 years younger, but he looks younger than he really is.
    You know, I just thought about this some more and wanted to add...
    I really MUST have gotten the "leftover" genes because my son doesn't even look like me but he does look a little bit like my sisters (especially the short one, although he's quite tall)!

family.jpg
    (I don't have any pictures of me with my sisters that are even remotely recent because they both live on the other side of the country)

My mom jokes that my son looks as much like me as he does like my husband, who is not biologically related to him.
    Me: Red hair, freckles, brown eyes
    Hubby: Dark brown hair, pale skin, blue eyes
    Kiddo: Blonde hair, fair skin, green eyes
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Nope! Not at all!! I have 6 sisters, they are petite and range from sz 2-8. They all look like my dad. I, on the other hand, took after my mom and her side of the fam with big booty, thighs and boobs. Even worst, when we all get together I normally get mistaken for being their mom.... i.e: OMg, you and your daughter's have a beautiful relationship!!!!! :sad: :sad:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    My brother absolutely looks like the masculine version of me, & me the feminine version of him. I love it, we are close in age, and growing up people would ask if we were twins (even though that doesn't make any sense. LOL).

Why doesn't that make sense? My brother and sister are twins. What doesn't make sense is when people ask me when my sister's birthday is, and then when my brother's birthday is and think I'm crazy when I say the same day.

My sister is a good mix of both sides, but a little more of my Dad's side. My brother looks a lot like my Dad, but is built like the guys on my Mom's side. I look JUST like my Mom, but actually a little more like her mom, because Mom has a lot of her dad in her that I don't have, too.

Now, we ACT a lot alike, so no one really questions our relation :)
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    heck no i keep joking all the time that i was stolen or they brought home the wrong baby. i am nothing like my siblings. i'm stuborn like my mom and funny like my dad
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My brother absolutely looks like the masculine version of me, & me the feminine version of him. I love it, we are close in age, and growing up people would ask if we were twins (even though that doesn't make any sense. LOL).

Why doesn't that make sense? My brother and sister are twins. What doesn't make sense is when people ask me when my sister's birthday is, and then when my brother's birthday is and think I'm crazy when I say the same day.

My sister is a good mix of both sides, but a little more of my Dad's side. My brother looks a lot like my Dad, but is built like the guys on my Mom's side. I look JUST like my Mom, but actually a little more like her mom, because Mom has a lot of her dad in her that I don't have, too.

Now, we ACT a lot alike, so no one really questions our relation :)
    Ididn't explain that well, I just meant that people would say "you must be twins" because they thought we looked more alike than a typical brother and sister pair. If we were twins, one male one female, we would be fraternal obviously... And fraternal twins are no more likely to look alike than any other siblings, kwim? That's all. :)
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I look enough like my older sister that we got mistaken for twins once or twice when we were kids. My younger sister is another matter. I'm under 5'2", she's more like 5'9". I have dark brown hair and eyes, she has very light brown hair and blue eyes. I'm pear shaped, she's apple. And she's 6 years younger than me, and looks probably 10 years younger. But when she smiles or grimaces, you can clearly see the family resemblance.
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    230197_2076430590647_1241433126_32564097_5397389_n.jpg

Clearly I cannot post a photo lol Oh well

There you go. What you need to do is grab the code that has the IMG tags them make them lowercase.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh Yes! Me and my younger sister get mistaken for each other all the time, and we are called twins if we are together somewhere. We are 7 years apart though! And only half sisters. (We do not believe in being half anything , but for the genetic argument of our similarities I will note it) And then our baby sister is a replica of me at her age. Since she was born she has looked just like me. Pairing our baby pictures together a stranger can not tell the persons apart. We have tested this. She is obviously my half sister too. (not that has absolutely any affect on how we view each other, we are all just brothers and sisters, the end)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have a brother who is 10, and im 9 years older than him. We have different dads, and look nothing alike!! He's got dark brown hair, my natural hair is blonde, hes got brown eyes, i have blue, hes tanned skined, im sort of pale ish. =/

although me and my mum get mixed up all the time!! alot of people think that im not here daughter and that were both sisters!!! :laugh: apparently we both look alike alot!! and because im taller than my mum, and she looks alot younger than what she is, people mistake us for sisters! sometimes its embarassing!!
  • LeighYan91
    Options
    I look a lot like my sister. We have pics of us when we were little in the same outfit and we don't know which is which. I also look a lot like my mum. we have pics of me when I was about 7/8 and one of my mum at the same age and everyone thinks it is me....
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm an only child, so yes and no :tongue:
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't think I look much like my sister, although a voices sound pretty much exactly the same, or that might just be our telephone voice! She's shorter than me by about 4 inches, dark hair where as mine is fair, she has an hour glass figure where as I like to refer to mine as the blob. I don't even really have a waist when I'm slim so it's not down to my size. We are very different personality wise as well despite growing up in the same environment.

Weird how that can happen! I love my sister though and wouldn't change her!! :smile:
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    This isnt the best photo but me and my sister get mistaken for twins ALL the time.. until we stand up and they see that she is a good 4" taller than me!!

28akpk6.jpg
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    sista.jpg

Yeah I would have to say we do :)
    I'm on the left and my older sister is on the right!!!
  • twistofcain
    Options
    I have the wonderful half sibling scenario as I am technically an only child from my parents marriage. I favor more towards my brothers from my dads previous marriage as we are all built the same, but I think that I have my mom's facial features; I look nothing like my siblings from her previous marriage which is completely understandable.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    We look amazingly alike. I have some good looking siblings! ;)
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    i have 4 brothers and one sister... and dont actually think any of us look alike! theres an obvious hint at our ethnicity (we're Croatian) but thats about it! although looking at a couple of my brothers id say thats a good thing! haha.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    My brother and I look alike, we were asked often when growing up if we were fraternal twins. My dad is a fraternal twin (and they come by every generation on my dad's side).

Me: 5'8, 209 lbs, reddish brown with lots of grey (which I dye)

Him: 6'0, 215 lbs, auburn hair with lots of grey (which he doesn't dye, I use him as a measure of where my greys are at :laugh: )

He's got my mom's large and short nose, I have my dad's longer and narrower nose. We both have big lips, I have eyes changing color, he has blue, he tans easily and gets dark, I get yellow. :laugh:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Nope.. my sister and I look nothing alike. In fact, my mother was asked more than once if we had the same father (we do). She didn't find that funny at all.

Me, A little over 5 feet tall, very fair skined and a natural blonde with blue/green eyes.
    Her, She's 5 feet 10 inches tall, olive toned skin with dark brown hair with blue/gray eyes.

When she was in high school and I was in middle school she would tell everyone I was adopted and they believed her since we didn't look alike at all. No one would believe me when I would try to clear it up and point out that my sister looks just like my dad and his side of the family and I, more like my mom's side.