The Over 300 Club

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am just checking after a LONG day at work. It has been a really good week calorie and exercise wise, but at work, I feel like I've been spinning my wheels - so gotta fix that. I will be weighing in tomorrow, so I look forward to a good weight loss!

Loula, that is a great dance tune, isn't it!

Blaze and Cindy, hang in there. If we didn't love each other, we wouldn't be sorry to lose one another - the circle of life is a delicate, wonderful difficult thing. Know we are here!

Hey, I have a quote from Winnie the Pooh! “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

And, on that happy note, good night! :yawn:
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    BlazinEmerald-you and your family are in my prayers. I hope you enjoy your 2 weeks with your dad, treasure every single moment!

Stillkristi-what a wondeful quote! I'm going to save that one. And congrats on your successful weightloss this week!

Cindy-You are soooo physically active! You've inspired me to up my game!!!!!:flowerforyou:

loula-I'm glad your schedule is settling down. Good luck on weigh in Monday, that's my weigh in day as well. We can do it!!!!

I have a baby shower tomorrow, so everyone keep me in your prayers, I am going to fill up on healthy food before going and try and control my urge to grab a finger sandwich.:ohwell:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Morning team! I weighed in and had a happy, happy surprise - lost 7 lbs! Which just goes to show you, your weight really can fluctuate 5 lbs EITHER WAY in a day. Last, week, it was only 1.5 lbs down, so I am sure part of this week's loss really belongs on last week, if that makes any sense. :huh:

Anyway, good to see you all, and take care. I need to exercise (gotta try to catch up to Cindy, paddlemom, 4suredistime and all the rest of you exercisers!) and then get to work.

Have a great day and lets make this a SUPER WEEKEND!
  • aur23a
    aur23a Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is having an Awesome Friday! This week has been pretty great. I’ve stuck to my food plan and have exercised 4 times so far this week. I weigh in on Monday so we’ll see how that goes.

Still K- 7 lbs… that’s awesome!! Keep it going Girl!
    Blazin- You are in my prayers!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend… And to all of you that are Mothers out there: Happy Mother’s Day!! :flowerforyou:
    Love,
    Aurora
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hello Team- How is everyone today? Kristi- Way to go on the loss ! You Rock!!!!! Belle, thanks a bunch! Good for you- up that game girl ! :smile: I walked my morning 2 miles in 33 minutes and burned 421 calories doing it. :heart: I'm going to get my 3 mile Watp workout in today too. I love to exercise in the am & pm. It is a great start and ending to a healthy day. I'm bloated and crampy today. :frown: I weigh in on Sunday so we'll see if I'm still bloated I doubt I'll see a big loss. Like Kristi if I don't show a loss this week it will show up next week. Gotta love mother nature hugh? Do you guys alow youself to indulge once in a while? I allow myself a traet about once a month. This month it's going to be Domino's veggie pizza. Sunday I'm going to order a medium veggie pizza and have 3 slices for about 600 calories. I will include it in my plan for the day and be sure to not go over my calories. I love that I can do this and still lose weight. Last month was my birthday and I had a piece of cake and ice cream. The month before was a yummy cheeseburger and fries. If you read my profile you will understand that I've lost 100+ pounds twice before. I lost the weight never giving myself any room for treats. I was a freak about staying on the plan. I am still strict about my plan but this time I'm on a plan I CAN stick with the rest of my life! I LOVE it!!!!!! What fun plans do you all have for this weekend? Well gotta run- ttfn- :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I'm over 300 pounds again. I've been working at this for a little while and it seems like I haven't lost anything. I'm getting discouraged to be putting in this amount of work and seeing no loss. I feel stronger, but the scale and the tape measure don't lie. What the heck is going on? Why won't this weight get off of my body?:sad:

323 is still 23 pounds away from the wii fit. I want to use it already!

The wii fit starts at 330 lbs. You can use it now
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you guys talk to much while I sleep during the day. I have trouble keeping up with this thread :tongue:

anyways

I bought an eight pound weight at walmart, but I didn't bring enough money to buy two, I'll be going back for the other one this weekend. I've been finding the five pounds weights a little lighter. So I need to up the amount of weight now.

I bought two small two pounders that I plan on beginning to walk with. Should be interesting
  • havingitall
    Options
    StillK, BlazinE, Paddlemom, Jennyryan- you all are making me huuuuuuuuuuungry!!! That all sounds soooo YUM YUMMY!!! :grumble: I am taking notes so I can add to my meal plan for my maintenance phase. For now, I can't have any of that. :noway: Gives me something to look forward to though!
    And what is blue menu? and Lick's Gobblers?

Paddlemom and I are both in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. There is a grocery chain here that carries "Blue Menu" items. They are lower in calories and fat.

Lick's Gobblers - Lick's is a restraunt here in Canada. They make regular beef burgers as well as veggie and turkey. The Gobbler is their turkey burger. You can buy it in Grocery stores here, and it's YUMMY for only 170 cals (patty alone)

I'm in Mississauga too and Lick's used to be my favourite burger place... I haven't been there in 42 lbs
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm over 300 pounds again. I've been working at this for a little while and it seems like I haven't lost anything. I'm getting discouraged to be putting in this amount of work and seeing no loss. I feel stronger, but the scale and the tape measure don't lie. What the heck is going on? Why won't this weight get off of my body?:sad:

323 is still 23 pounds away from the wii fit. I want to use it already!

The wii fit starts at 330 lbs. You can use it now

I'm in Mississauga too and Lick's used to be my favourite burger place... I haven't been there in 42 lbs

Really! OO I'm excited then. My son has it - I'm going to make him bring it to my house for me to play with for awhile!!!

AND another Mississaugan!!!! We may just have to start our own thread! I haven't been to Licks in a couple of years - luckily (or not...) it's not so close to me in Port Credit, so I don't get too tempted. I used to work close to one - a good lunch hour walk away - it might have been a good reward incentive. I'm going to try the Gobblers though, now that I am not so biased towards the beef!

It hasn't been a good weight week for me - maintained, but no loss - no TOM excuse for me (got rid of the 'spare parts' a few years ago). My daughter started a rotation at the zoo and we are commuting together, so I am going to work 2 hours earlier now, which has thrown my whole system off. I have been really achey and tired and suffering from bloat. I think I need a rest day, so I have decided to give myself a night off from swimming.

I will make up for it this weekend though. Pray for good weather - I will be spending both days outside cheering for my son from the shore of the Welland canal. He races sprint canoe and it is national team trials this weekend - their first races of the season. My hubby and I are taking our bikes out there with us, so I can log some miles (kms!) following him down the course (they race 500 and 1000 m) and checking out the town between races. I shopped for all kinds of healthy goodies for the weekend cooler. The kids like to eat light between races, so we stock up on lots of veggies dips, fruit and drinks - and then low fat meats and sandwich fixin's ( more Blue Menu...I am trying the new "burger first buns") .
    PI187716038379107B_b.jpg?wid=239&cvt=jpeg

Well that's it for my weekend - I'm sure I will be all fired up and back to normal on Monday. Have a good one everybody.
  • havingitall
    Options
    I grew up in Port Credit. What a beautiful area. I'm in Streetsville now
  • paddlemom
    Options
    Yay...I finally figured out how to post a d*** picture!!!

I love Streetsville too!
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the prayers. They are greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou:

Paddlemom!! Your just down the road from me, we're in Clarkson. By the way I'm not sure which grocery stores you can actually buy the gobblers at. I got mine at Metro, I've yet to see them at Food Basics just he normal burger and nature burger I've seen there.

I've got the food end of this down pat, with no issues. But the excersize part..... not so great. Can't seem to get motivated to move my butt. Managed a 30 minute walk today, but that was it.
  • paddlemom
    Options
    Thanks, I'll watch out for them at Metro - I shop at the big one in Clarkson regularly.

If you ever feel like getting wet - I swim at Cawthra on Mondays and Huron Park Wed and Fri. doing the lane swims from 9 - 10 pm. - I'm a night hawk! Just pm me and we can meet.
  • havingitall
    Options
    Thanks, I'll watch out for them at Metro - I shop at the big one in Clarkson regularly.

If you ever feel like getting wet - I swim at Cawthra on Mondays and Huron Park Wed and Fri. doing the lane swims from 9 - 10 pm. - I'm a night hawk! Just pm me and we can meet.

The lane swims are so late at night... I am wide awake after. Erin Meadows has a Saturday one at 11 AM and Meadowvale has an 8:30 AM one on Saturdays and Sundays. South COmmon has a ^PM on Mondays and Wednesdays
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I finally started weighing on a regular schedule (instead of compulsively every 35 seconds) and today was the first official weigh in. -4.4 lbs since last friday (though I did cheat and update my ticker earlier in the week :wink: I've been walking about 3 miles a day and FEEL so much better even if I can't see much change yet. Hope everyone has a great weekend... and happy mother's day to all you moms :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi just dropping in to wish Kristi and Cindy the best. They are so into it. Cindy and I have been pm'ing for while, one of my dear friends. Kristi I just met a few days ago and I alrady think she is grand. I also want to wish all the rest of you the best. Just had to drop in and say hi. Gosh you all are sure active here. What a celebration you will have when you reach your goal.

You all imspire me. to keep at it.

Caliecat
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hi all I know I have been MIA for way too long. I appreciate all of the PM's and concern but the truth is I have been ashamed to come check in because I think I have probably gained back everything and who knows maybe more. I have not been to the gym in weeks so I have not weighed in since March sometime. I started my masters' program in March and after I signed up for 3 classes with the university my assistant principal came and told me I had to sell my prep period and take on a new class at school(I am a high school Spanish teacher) this new class consists of 48 new students that knew next to nothing when I got them even though they had been in a Spanish class for the whole year. I also got 3 new students added to my already existing Spanish I class. They not only gave me the teacher who quit's whole 5th period but also gave me 11 of the worst kids from her 1st period because "I was the most experienced teacher" since I have taught Spanish for 12 years. Well I eat stress and every other feeling you can think of and I have done a lot of very poor planning also so I am starting over again. My 3 classes at the University just ended and I only have one right now until school ends then I will take 2 more during the summer. In addition to all this we are losing a lot of teaching positions in the district and I am low man on the totem pole since I only have 3 years here and a teacher with seniority could potentially knock me out of my position if they cannot find another place to put them. We still have one postition open at my school so my hopes and prayers are that I will not have a problem keeping my position.

Okay book over :blushing: and I just want to say thanks again for your kind words and for missing me I have never been missed before and it is a great feeling. :flowerforyou: Kristi you are soooo good to keep this thread going and I am glad you are doing so well. :drinker: Hope to chat with all of you soon!:smile: I will put my ticker back up after I weigh this weekend. I want it to be accurate.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi Team- Just a quick check in before I head to bed. I just finished my pm 2 miles- 33 minutes 494 calories burned. I walked a total of 4 miles in 66 minutes and burned 915 calories total for the 4 miles. I hope everyone had a great day today. Nighty night- sweet dreams- Cindy :heart:
  • 4suredistime
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME BACK AMYNVEGAS!!!! I was not here when you started this thread, but I have been wondering where you disappeared to. I have been wanting to thank you so much for starting this... it is a wonderful thread and as you can see there are many more cool peeps on here.
    Sorry that you kind of got "sidetracked", the great news, is that you are back on track. That was the past and today you know where you faltered and you surely know what to do to fix it. You started as an inspiration to all of us, and your strength is what got us all here! Now we are here for you all the way, and we will all take these tiny steps towards a PERMANENT HEALTHIER LIFE together. So hang in there and don't beat yourself up too much!

My moto in life is: until it happens, I don't worry about it. Instead of worrying, start to plan alternatives and plan Bs, Cs and Ds if necessary. Gear your energy towards results, not setbacks. I know it is hard, and trust me even I have probs sticking with it, but I do my best to practice it in every situation. And as I have said before, TALKING ABOUT THINGS, anything and everything helps me alot, and it is very therapeutic!!!

Great job everyone on the WL and the kick-a** exercising. StillK, you go girl. You are leaving us all in the dust and doing a great job making up for the slowed-down days...

Another busy weekend for me. I have my niece and neph with me, and I have to prepare for
    Friday!!!

Have a great day all!!! Let's keep our heads and spirits up, we can do this 4 sure this time.
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Good morning team Falcon you are so right you miss a day on this thread and boy it hard to catch up. Amynvegas welcome back. 4surethistime is a realy smart woman listen to her words she got this.what truely matters is that we try for ourselves.
    stillk and cindy you are rocking congrats on the loss What insparitions you both are to me. and I never know winnie the pooh had so much insight to things
    blazin my prayers are with you. you are so right enjoy the time you have with your dad and remeber you did not cause this and you could not prevent this but you can love him forever I lost my dad in 94. some how you get through it and he will see how wonderful you are. we do
    I was real bad on friday my daughter had strep throat and I got it to so I did not walk my 11,500 step it eqauls to 5 mile's a day and I stayed home and had ice cream I know how bad that is but my throat was on fire at least I think I stayed in my limit and I am going to try to get right back on today. I started stepping already.
    So everyone have a wonderful sat. and I thank all of you for being here.:flowerforyou: