How close are you to you MFP friends?

Options

Replies

• kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    While they're all great, I'm closer to some than others.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Some I have bared it all... others are ok friends... and some I don't really talk to. I just try and be the best MFP ever :drinker:
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am quite close to some
    tumblr_lnht6m2Iqx1qaq59so1_500.jpg
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    All the MFP people I have chosen to be my friends and supporters are awesome. With that being said, Only one really knows me. Similar situations have allowed us to share our personal experiences on a whole different level. I have no support at home and it is comforting having an amazing person to share my journey with. He's inspiring, motivating and has given me belief in myself!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Some I want to snuggle, some I want to get sloppy drunk with, and some I want to take to the gym with me so they can kick my @ss.

^^This. (Well, perhaps except the snuggling part.... :noway: )
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Some of them I have no contact with, but some of them I feel like I could tell some things. It's kind of cathartic having somewhat anonymous friends to support you and help you through things. My MFP friends definitely know a different part of me than my real-life friends. My real-life friends don't know much about my fitness life.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    A majority of them no, but there're a select few I keep close tabs on and converse a lot with :)
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    There are a few that I share a little more than fitness with.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    A majority of them no, but there're a select few I keep close tabs on and converse a lot with :)

This ^^^ :):)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    There are a handful that I share more personal info with- the privileged.... Or cursed, not sure which. There are friends on here that truly "get me" which is like discovering the g spot, rare. I absolutely adore them! They are all supportive, hilarious, and sexy as hell!!!!!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Some of my friends know more about me than others, most just stick around for naked pics though.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Some of my friends know more about me than others, most just stick around for naked pics though.

yes we do.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Just like my children, I love some more than others.

LOL!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    some of the people here understand my insecurities and thoughts on this whole journey better than the people I see face to face all the time.. I definitely consider some to be great friends.

exactly this. There are a couple Ive really connected with and make a point to talk to everyday. I know that even if MFP disappeared one day, we would stay in touch.

This and this. There's a couple people I feel like there's no way I haven't know them forever, and quite a few more I'm really enjoying getting to know better.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    There's ones I personally know, but any ones I don't, I don't let them know any more then what my profile says.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    A few. It's nice to have people separate from your normal life to bounce things off of, especially personal stuff and to get a pretty much unfiltered, unbiased point of view.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Like some others have said, there are a few I've connected with and have shared quite a bit. Some we talk everyday, text, or email each other. Sometimes the occassional phone call. I know there are a couple I plan on meeting in the next year.
  • onefourone
    Options
    Yes I am that is why I only have two
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Close enough to view but not touch.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    About the same as my real life. I enjoy all of them, am very close to a few, and have a relationship outside of MFP with fewer. While I'd say I don't necessarily share a lot of personal (aka personally identifiable) information, I find I share a lot of intimate details. And, by intimate - I mean goals, hopes, failures, insecurities, and victories. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I share quite a bit and have learned lots about those on my friend list. I've boycotted FB and Twitter and MySpace... and don't think this is in that category... but I do find an appealing social aspect here.