Interval Timer

Options
I am looking into using an interval time for things like HIIT for cardio and weightlifting sets. I keep seeing the Gymboss timer in my searches. Is this a good one? Would you recommend this one or another?

And I am curious if it interferes with a HRM?

***Man 8 months ago I wouldn't have understood anything in this post, this healthy lifestyle has really expanded my fitness vernacular and use of acronyms ****

Replies

• Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone theres a good app I use called Interval Timer AD, You can preset a few variations and swap between your presets rather than input a new timings each session.

If not I've heard a lot of people talking about the gymboss ones
  • shaunl669
    shaunl669 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A good interval workout is the Tabata, I downloaded a Tabata timer for my Iphone.
  • jmoeller9289
    Options
    I own a gymboss and use it to follow the workouts on BodyRock.tv and I love it! I use for interval training, time challenges, running, and reminding myself when to eat (every three hours). Totally worth the $20!
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I also use gym boss, I might try the smart phone app though too, did not think to look for one.
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I also use gym boss, I might try the smart phone app though too, did not think to look for one.
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Love my gymboss timer! And so did the person that stole it apparently :-(
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

I look for everything on my smart phone these days to save me a bit money where I can
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    See below
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I got a free one for my android phone... Works perfectly for my boxing intervals.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love my gymboss. I have tried several iPhone apps and haven't found any that work for me personally as well as the gymboss does.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Love my gymboss timer! And so did the person that stole it apparently :-(

Sorry for your loss :cry: Thanks for the information
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love my Gymboss Interval Timer! It's definitely worth the $20 bucks.