Question for the ladies

Options
How do you exercise without your ladies flopping everywhere and causing hurt? I know this is more geared toward those like me with bigger ones. I just hurt so bad after a workout. Id like less impact in that area. Even with a sports bra, these ladies are roughed up quite a bit.

Replies

• kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra and a sports bra and I don't do high impact. Frankly, I feel like I need to get lighter before I have any business doing high impact. Otherwise, my boobs and my belling just flop around. I can get my heart rate up good and high on the elliptical, swimming, low impact aerobis, fast walking, etc.

And it does get better. I've already gone form a 46DD to a 40D. Woot woot!!!!
  • bens_momma
    Options
    I'm a 36DDD, so when I work out I need a full-coverage sports bra, a regular tank with a shelf bra built in, and a sports bra with a support shelf bra built in, and I'm usually game. I tend to squish the ladies in, makes for a little less wiggle room. Otherwise, without proper supervision, they get a little out of control. :wink:
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    i have yet to find a sports bra that works!!! ATM i wear sports bra, then a training top over the sports bra and even then I still need a chin guard!!!
  • fatgirlslimagain
    fatgirlslimagain Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am a DD

This works for me .... I wear two bras plus tight fitting tank. No bouncing probs at all :)

Just regular T-shirt bras - less expensive too!!

try it!!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 F and I usually wear one regular soft cup bra, one tight sports bra and a tank with a built in bra..... although they still tend to go where they want when I am doing high impact cardio...
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I'm sorry... I have to feel especially good about not having to deal with what you all do. Wow, all the garments that have to be wore to protect yourselves. I never realized the problem(s), I guess I'm happy with my boy-boobs.
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options
    When I first started, I was 46DD and I found that wearing champion bras were nice. I found them at Target. I wear two at all times. It helps with the bounce.

Any higher impact sports bras are great too!
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

In the beginning I would wear a bra and sports bra over.

Now that I have lost weight, I wear one really good sports bra- my favorite is the yoga sports bra from Victoria's Secret. The girls don't move one bit!
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I double up for my double D's! Regular bra, then sports bra! Looking forward to being able to work out in only a well-fitting sports bra!

EDIT: And clothes... Sports bra & clothes... LOL
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42D down to a 42C after a 29 lb. weight loss. I just wear an underwire cotton bra, CACIQUE from Lane Bryants fit GREAT!!!! lol

12117749.png
  • dayylight
    Options
    I wear a compression bra and a sports bra that is slightly too small and tight. I've always been well endowed even when I was thinner so currently I'm like a 38F or something.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I wear a compression bra and a sports bra that is slightly too small and tight. I've always been well endowed even when I was thinner so currently I'm like a 38F or something.

What is this compression bra you speak of? lol.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    If you're bouncing around or need to wear more than one bra, you are not wearing a properly fitting bra. The traditional "sports bra" that smushes breasts together and has a racer back is not very good for larger breasted women. You need something with adjustable straps, adjustable back band, separated cups, and likely underwire as well. Try going to a running store, staff (even guys) are usually educated. Not going to be cheap, but they are worth it.

I have triple D's and I run and downhill mountain bike in a single bra.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies who have 32C-50DDD or larger and need the proper support for high-impact workouts - I used to work in a high end bra boutique, and the bra that we would sell for those sorts of activities were the Enell sports bras:

http://www.enell.com/index.php
  • CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    I'm a 32F si I feel your pain!! I am also an avid fan of wearing a regular bra under a sports bra with a tight vest top (mine also has a built in bra thingy) and these babies are going nowhere!!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have one from Lululemon (expensive yes) that is fabulous! Supportive, snug and does the trick. Can't remember the name of it, but its made for running
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Try Shock Absorber D+MAX Support Sports Bra. I started out with a 38E one and I'm now 36DD and nothing moves at all, whether running or doing jumping jacks!
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm in the two sports bra club.. with one being really quite extra snug.. and I put the snug one over top of the regular fitting one.. seems to do the trick!
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm not super huge but I wear an old bra, a good sports bra and a crop top (bought a size too small to keep everything compacted)
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Eep - all you ladies who are smushing themselves into multiple bras and underwire and all kinds of contraptions before heading to the gym - I hope you all find something better for your girls - like just ONE bra at a time! Definitely look into the Enell bras - they're not very pricey, especially for those of you in the States - they shouldn't be any more than $40 - $50 tops. Also, don't put your bras in the washing machine! Regular detergents will deteriorate the elastic in your bras and kill the lifespan of your bras. Wash them in cool water with gentle dish soap (the bra stores will try to peddle some bra wash powder on you, but as long as you use a detergent without lanolin in it, then you're golden). There's so many great scents of dish soap now, that you don't have to worry about your bras smelling like Palmolive anymore. And then, hang them to dry.

Okay...I am done my bra rant now. :)