Replies

• RainbowDream83
    Options
    Never Been Kissed and Willow

Your mother was a lizard!! :tongue:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Boondock Saints, Spaceballs, and Monty Python & The Holy Grail :)

Wait, who doesn't like Monty Python?!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :heart: Mallrats :heart: Everyone gushed over Chasing Amy, but I found it whiny and annoying, but I loooooved Mallrats.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I love anything by Monty Python - a lot of people don't...
    ...and Mel Brooks is awesome - some find him stupid.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Y Tu Mama Tambien, Ma Mere and Spun.

I'm shocked with all the movies that have been mentioned so far....they're all favourites of mine, and everyone else I know!
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and What Dreams May Come

I love these 2 movies but I have yet to find another person who even likes them lol

LOVE LOVE LOVE eternal sunshine
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    WOW... I love most of the movies that were named.. The Big Lebowski is one of my faves.. love Boondock Saints.. What Dreams may come is beautiful... I also really like Moulin Rouge.. Seredipity.. The Other Guys... all that.

Mine that I love that others are kinda Meh about are

Better Off Dead
    Super Troopers
    I Could Never Be Your Woman
    Save the Last Dance
    Saved
    Mallrats

there are probably others..

yeah, we all have our own taste.. but most of them I've read so far don't seem bad.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and What Dreams May Come

I love these 2 movies but I have yet to find another person who even likes them lol

THOSE ARE IN TOP TEN OF ALL TIME. GREAT CHOICES!!!
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hmm... I don't think other people can make the case that "Reservoir Dogs" and "Eternal Sunshine" are 'hated'; those are two of the most critically acclaimed films of all time.

"A Serious Man" is easily my fav Coen Bros movie, and I seem to be pretty alone in that respect. It got some okay reviews, but really didn't get the love it deserved. I made my ex watch it (he said it "wasn't as good as No Country for Old Men") and my dad watch it (he wasn't very enthusiastic). My sister got through the first, oh, 15 minutes. My boyfriend loves it though, so finally I'm not the only one in this godforsaken world that loves the film.

Death to Smoochie won Razzies, but despite Robin Williams' painful performance, I really loved Edward Norton as Smoochie. It was a funny movie. No one else really likes it though.

Melancholia got either very good or very bad reviews, but I REALLY loved it.

And I love Blue Velvet. Pretty sure most people do.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i actually really love welcome to the dollhouse most people i know have not heard of it but i have always loved it
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Untamed Heart
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i actually really love welcome to the dollhouse most people i know have not heard of it but i have always loved it

omg!! I forgot about that flick!!! loved it!! that girl was so awkward.. but dammit.. good flick.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I love the 10th Kingdom. And if you know that movie you should add me as a friend :))
  • clairibou1
    Options
    i will represent the younger generations on here...HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!! it is the best. movie. ever. and still is...unfortunately my friends don't think so.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Across the Universe. Most Beatles fans hated it but I think they did a great job with the music and good choice of actors.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    Moulin Rouge.

same here!!!! i even have the dvd!!
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Anything with James McAvoy. I have a huge crush on him. He does a lot of period movies so I can never get anyone to go with me.

I also enjoyed Anonymous. It was really good, great acting, beautiful scenery, but it bombed for some reason. :(

(I'm becoming a nerd in my old age and I'm OK with it) :)
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    Untamed Heart

OMG I love that movie!!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Time Bandits, ..... I see a pattern here!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    The Big Lebowski - either you get it or you don't

Wait, who doesn't love The Big Lebowski? Seriously?

I also loved Eternal Sunshine...great film.

Lots of people liked this movie, but I'm not sure many would rank it in their Top 3 Best Films: Magnolia.