What is your 1 mile run time?

Options
12346»

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I started running in March and it used to be around 10 minutes. I had a PAT a few months ago and ran it in under 6:30
  • StephJ0nes
    Options
    I have to say, these posts are great encouragement for me!! I only started exercising on a treadmill about 3 months ago. I weighted in at 226 pounds. My first time that I was able to make it a whole mile, I did it in 20 minutes. And I couldn't even think about jogging! Now I am down to getting a mile in at 15 miniutes and have lost 30 pounds! Not a speed record by any means compared to all you guys but its a start!! I am able to do 3 miles in 45 minutes! I am only 5'2 and my short fat legs can't walk as fast as others so 4mph is hauling butt to me!!
  • EllieLou357
    EllieLou357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mine is 10-12 min depending on my energy level and the weather. If it is rainy/cold I am slower, if it is nice out I seem to have more energy and run faster.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Timed myself this morning: One mile in 7:16. :smile: I'm sure it would have been better if it were warmer and less windy, but I'm very happy with that!
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine is 9 minutes flat. I like to try for new PR's for the 1 mile, but prefer to just try to increase my distance rather than speed

^^^^^. This is my philosophy ^^^^^

I want to go for distance rather than pace. My goal is continuous uninterrupted running as I have signed up for a Marathon in April 2012.. Can do around 1.5 miles without stopping, then I need to stop for 30 seconds and start again. My furthest distance doing this is 4.5 miles. My pace is a mile in 9 min 30 sec, around 6.5 mph. Currently I am struggling with a calf injury so I am off-the-horse at the moment... Back to cycling and swimming to keep in shape. I used to hate running but now I found it strangely addictive in kinda 'I like pain way'.

It's been interesting to reads other people comments... We all do things for a wide variety of reasons and have different goals, the key thing is change an improvement, we cannot measure ourselves against others, cos we are all so different and have so many different starting places, opertunities and resources. But I do believe that with commitment and realistic challenges we can all grow and improve.
  • jwintonyk
    jwintonyk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For just 1 mile I'm about 6mins...ran my last 1/2 marathon in 1:45
  • Belindia90
    Options
    Wow. I am envious of those of you who are doing a mile in under 10 minutes. I started Couch to 5K back in July. I've NEVER ran before. Its a great program and I'm running for an hour now, about 4 miles. It takes me at least 13 minutes to do a mile. But I'm not giving up and I'm still running. I probably won't ever get much faster but I won't give up either. You can just call me turtle. LOL