Best Skiing?

Options
2»

Replies

• scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr, and now my decision becomes 10x harder. Haha thanks you guys! So many awesome sounding places.
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a ski question.

I'm planning a ski trip in early April and I'm looking into Colorado right now. Can anyone recommend some awesome places to ski, preferably within driving distance of Denver.

Thanks!

Hi! I just saw this. Telluride, CO, is one of the absolute best places to ski and take a vacation. I used to live there (and live by another resort now). It is never really very crowded, and depending on where you stay you don't really need a car once you are in town, the town is awesome itself. It is a little remote and farther from the rest of the state (southwest corner)-but it is absolutely stunning and the terrain is great as well (has excellent steep runs but also a good area of beginner/intermediate). Plus, they have been getting more snow than the rest of the state. Hope that helps.
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    Oops, just saw you wanted driving distance to Denver. It is about 6.5 hours. Definitely drivable but longer than the other resorts (which is why they are so much more crowded). You can fly into Montrose and it is only 45 mins away.