When I Start Doing Well I Fail

Options
I have this curse, every time I'm on my way to success (like I feel today with my measurements), it backfires on me because subconsciously my brain says, "Meh, just stop here."

Of course, this time around I don't want that to happen, I feel like I look a lot better, and I'm happy because of that, but I don't know if I should keep going or not, than one thing happens after the other and I'm back to where I was. It's like a plateau I made for myself. I'm not sure how to draw the line. Any suggestions for those of you who went through it too? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• nikkih1013
    Options
    I used to have the same problem.. I'd lose weight easily then gain it back after thinking "oh I'm good now" and go back to old habits. I've realized that it has to be a change of lifestyle if you want it to be permanent. You just need to stay on track by continuing doing the things your doing now without thinking of it as "dieting" just think of it as your new NORMAL way of life.. thats what helped me. I've now mainted my weight for 2 years by changing my thought process more than anything.
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. If you're happy where you are, that's wonderful! (&congratulations) - I would slowly raise your calories (by about 100-150 per week) until you're not losing anymore (you may want to check again after a few weeks), then keep logging at maintenance until you feel ready to stop. I started maintaining in March and, personally, am nowhere near ready to be left to my own devices! But everyone's different - I'd just keep up the healthy lifestyle but with more food :)