New Goals *WARNING: Mad Amounts of Muffin Top*

Options
I started my weight loss journey in September, and since then only lost 12 pounds. I have my current goals set at 10 pounds. Every 10 pounds I would lose, I would reward myself with something random, but I don't think these goals are working out for me right now, so I decided to set a mini goal for myself. By the end of Winter quarter, March 16, I want to fit into this pair of pants. Of all the pants I have that are too small, these are the closest to the size that I need, so it's not a huge jump.

I want them to sit comfortably at my waist like they're supposed to.
DSCN2118.jpg

and most of all, I want to get rid of this terrible muffin top! I've never been able to wear them, so being able to finally would be a great thing for me!
DSCN2117.jpg

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thats doable honey! you can do it! wish i was a wiz with the camera. i have a pair of jeans that i used to fit into that are the exact same way. so i will take that challenge too! we can do it!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    thats doable honey! you can do it! wish i was a wiz with the camera. i have a pair of jeans that i used to fit into that are the exact same way. so i will take that challenge too! we can do it!

annabell, you're too awesome!!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Ohh the muffin top. You should see MINE when I started. xD
    They are MUCH much smaller now. Thank GOD.

You will get there eventually! :D
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    and I must admit, I love my "just got out of the shower" look!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good goal. I have a pair of jeans sitting on the back of my chair now and one of my goals is to fit in them again. I think that will take losing 10 ~ 15 lbs.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Sounds like a good goal. I have a pair of jeans sitting on the back of my chair now and one of my goals is to fit in them again. I think that will take losing 10 ~ 15 lbs.

then let's do this together! I think it would be a fun challenge. Maybe we could even have a group or something!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome goal. I had the same goal in January, my 'aspirational' jeans. They are now too small and it still blows my mind. You can do it!

GG
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've got one too! I hate mine. My pants are constantly sliding down because they are tight in the hips and loose in the muffin waist. Not fun. Hang in there girl!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!! I just want to let you know, my muffin top screams at me daily lol so you're not alone...
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it, just be consistent :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

then let's do this together! I think it would be a fun challenge. Maybe we could even have a group or something!

Let's! It'll be nice to have a challenge that isn't about dropping pounds as fast as you can. :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Here's the group if anybody is interested! It's all about getting to your mini goals!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1485-mission-possible
  • lenny776
    Options
    I know what you mean! Using this program I have lost almost over 30 pounds but my love handles are the last thing to go. They are shrinking but I still have more room to improve. Keep up the good work
  • ksmydra34
    Options
    I need to loose 10-13 lbs to get down to the weight I want to be!! I have a hard time sticking with eating healthy for more then a week.. then I end up eating wayy too much! er!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    lol I have some skinny jeans just like that. BARELY can fit my *kitten* in them, but they're so cute. I wear a long top with it and a flowy cardigan to mask the muffin, lol.
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree; I would rather have baggy pants in the bum than muffin top. Also, I hear that squashing your internal organs is not kind to them. So, I am behind you (pun) lets get rid of our muffins and be kind to our internal organs. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I totally set the same kind of goal. I had my first mini-goal pair of jeans and a shirt that I wanted to wear. I could get into both of them, but they were faaaar from flattering, lol. I was SO excited to get to wear them together to work and get compliments on my weight loss.

It's an awesome goal and a great feeling once you've accomplished it. I'll be cheering for you, too! :)
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What a great goal to achieve! I have given up on numbers that read on the scale. Since working out again I have gained 2 lbs! Ugh. it is disheartening, but on the other hand, i have gotten into smaller pants without much of the muffin top. Do whatever makes you feel the best about yourself and the heck with the scale!
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would love to fit back into my old jeans but I can't even get them up over my thighs. :< I have them folded up nicely in my closet though so I can see them for motivation lol.