Ideas low calorie christmas party food

Options
Missmissy0003
Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
Does anyone have any ideas for any low or lower calorie food I can make to bring to an office christmas party. It would be even better if it were kind of easy to make.

I think I'm a little hesitant in my own ideas right now after making brownies with pumpkin for a party. They weren't so good but I wasn't sure if they tasted acceptable or not so I kept eating them trying to decide. I would have been much better off making regular brownies and just eating a couple.

Replies

• SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    I just made these puppies, prosciutto-wrapped mini quiches. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Quiche-in-Prosciutto-Cups-356529

They are (surprisingly!) pretty easy to make and they work out to 50 calories each! I doubled the recipe (don't double the prosciutto, though...Half a slice per quiche is more than enough) and made mine in muffin tins.

Some tips if you do make them:
    - Don't add salt or the olives (the prosciutto is uber-salty)
    - Try subbing skim milk for the greek yogurt (the texture seemed a bit off and I think it was the yogurt)
    - Add a few cloves of garlic and a scallion (saute down before adding to egg mixture). I also added some fresh chives -- yum.
    - When layering the prosciutto (make sure it's thin-cut), slice each piece in half beforehand -- it holds easier.

I'm also planning on making a pavlova with vanilla-scented greek yogurt and poached pears this weekend. Since the pavlova is made from egg whites (and because I'm subbing sugar with a Splenda substitute), each piece should be only about 150 calories... Not too shabby. Can't tell you how it tastes, though.

Good luck with whatever you choose to make!!!

:drinker:
  • lapongo_92
    Options
    ok this is really simple but its cute and healthy get a bunch of strawberries and cut off the top point put whip cream on it and place the top back on then but a dab of whip cream on the point, to complete the look take a hersheys bar and shave pieces off and stick them in the whip cream and you have a santa! they are really cute, quick to make and fun to eat. here is a pic on google: http://yaydiy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Santa-Strawberries1-300x201.jpg
    :)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Those Santas are so freaking cute!
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for these ideas!
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ok this is really simple but its cute and healthy get a bunch of strawberries and cut off the top point put whip cream on it and place the top back on then but a dab of whip cream on the point, to complete the look take a hersheys bar and shave pieces off and stick them in the whip cream and you have a santa! they are really cute, quick to make and fun to eat. here is a pic on google: http://yaydiy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Santa-Strawberries1-300x201.jpg
    :)

So cute! Must go to shops and buy cream and strawberrysss