MFP on phone

Options
2»

Replies

• JaimeBrown5
    Options
    I hate on my pc, I choose one, and then realize the calorie count is wrong and have to delete it.

Really? When you look up a food and click it from the choices a box shows up on the right hand side. Before you choose the serving size and add it to your meal, click the little blue letters "nutritional info" and it will show you. It also helps to know how many confirmations (regarding correct nutritional info) it has.

THANK YOU! I never even saw that before and I was having the same problem picking foods, or having to open two tabs, one with my diary and one with the database so I could find the right one, then use what I found to choose the same thing in the other tab! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    thanks for the imput...i have an android, will have to load a bar code scanner app.
  • embeck79
    embeck79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yes i have it on my android phone, its great, really simple and easy to use great for when your out and about. i didn't have to download a bar code scanner though, its already built into MFP phone app :)
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Love my iPhone app!! I am totally addicted to it. I log everything as I eat it and as someone said, you can check things out before you order if you're in a restaurant...it's just awesome! Plus you can add exercise, contact your friends, create recipes & meals and track your weight (I'm probably forgetting other stuff). Oh and the barcoad feature us awesome too! You won't regret getting it. Plus one really cool thing is if you do log in online, your phone automatically syncs to your online account. LOVE IT!!

Oh and whatever my ticker at the bottom says I've lost is because of tracking with my phone. I was tracking on another site but quit because I couldn't be tied to my computer all the time. With the MFP app, I'm not tied down. As I said, I love the app!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I love the app because I can scan barcodes and it makes it way more simple to enter most food.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes.. I am successful because of the phone app.

I can log everything that goes in my mouth at the time it touches my lips, because my phone is always with me!

Excellent app!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love the app on the phone. It has a feature the computer doesn't have.....you can scan the barcode on food and most of the time it pops up with the calorie count. Great feature for my little vice.....wine. Just scan the bottle and most are in the system!!!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Android app had an update. Now you can at least see the "my home" tab like it is on your personal computer. You can get messages now too. It's nice!

I use it all the time - I love it, but I hate that you cant read message boards.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Android app had an update. Now you can at least see the "my home" tab like it is on your personal computer. You can get messages now too. It's nice!

I use it all the time - I love it, but I hate that you cant read message boards.

I'm not sure I noticed that yet, Usually go straight tio the barcode scanner.... I'll have to check it out.
  • rattler0812
    rattler0812 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There were some glitches with the Blackberry app. But the latest update I have not found any issues. Regardless, I use the app all the time. I am constantly moving. But I always have my phone near me. So I will quickly go to the app and enter in food or exercise before I forget. The worst for me is forgetting to log anything. If I forget, then I lose out on knowing if there were any kinks in the road for a given day.

Last night I loaded the app on my wife's iPad. Still waiting to see what she does when she discovers that I downloaded it to her iPad without asking her. :-D