Popcorn anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    SEASONINGS! You'll have to get used to "dry" popcorn but we use almost anything to season our popcorn and we eat it ALL the time. season salt, garlic, mrs. dash, vinegar, black pepper, or any one of the flavors they sell for popcorn next to the kernels at the store. Sometimes we even dip it in hummus or salsa.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I pop my corn in a hot dry pan on the stove...no oil. While it is still hot I toss in some grated parmesan chees and spritz it with a little high quality EVO (one of those oil sprayer things) and mix it up. A little dry ranch dressing mix works well too. I tried the sweetner and cinnamon, just didn't care for it. Besides that after I was done eatting it, my fingers looked like I had been digging in the dirt...or something...
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Kernel Seasons makes a spritzer for popcorn that is pretty good and lo cal, if you only spray a bit. They also have a line of popcorn seasonings that are only 5 cal. per teaspoon... both sweet and savory. I use it on my popcorn, but I also like the Ranch or Parmesan/Garlic flavor on steamed veggies. Link below to the website.
    http://www.kernelseasons.com/shop_product_detail.php?pid=40

^^^ This, I use these seasoning powders too. My favorite is mixing the butter flavored one and the white cheddar!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great ideas
  • kristynlyn
    kristynlyn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn as my low-cal snack! Crate and Barrel has this fabulous trio of popcorn seasoning flavors: White Cheddar, Kettle Corn, and Tangy Dill and Herb. It's great because I can choose whether I want sweet or salty, and sometimes I even mix flavors together.

:smile:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/spices-seasonings/set-of-3-popcorn-seasonings/s120084
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    A few sprays of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" shaken with garlic. Yum!

^^^ This
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I usually go with microwaveable light butter, but Old Bay is also great on popcorn!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Nutritional Yeast and garlic powder.

6921816.png
  • Mara_ritzie
    Options
    I simply LOVE popcorn! It's my favorite night snack.I just sprinkle some salt on there and voila! I've tried other flavors like cinnamon, garlic salt, kettle corn, BBQ powder, parmesan cheese, and spicy butter, but salt's my #1 choice!