scared and confused

Options
2»

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You probably pooped a little extra this morning.
    This is why I weigh my poop.
    That makes me scared and confused.....
    Don't be. I use gloves and wax paper on the scale.
  • mzkynd
    mzkynd Posts: 63
    Options
    Ah, yes. Hello old friend.

40 wings @ Applebees? Pfft... lightweight.

Reading this reminded me of the time I was pregnant with my son, hugely pregnant and with my usual taste for hot and spicy in overdrive; had some friends over helping us move. So I thought I would do the nice thing and get wings and pizza. Well i ordered the nuclear hot wings (160#) turns out only the preggo liked hot and spicy eveyone ate (at most 1-2 wings, between 5 people)

I just couldn't keep my fingers out of the wings, finished off the last couple for breakfast the next morning. lol no lightweight here :=)
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a good feeding shocks the body's metabolism into overdrive.
    Be glad, but cut back to goal over the next 5 days before trying that again.

Bobby is right, that is what I do when I hit a plateau. Bodybuilders do this too they call it "carb cycling" you eat low carbs on the days you don't lift heavy and load up on heavy lifting days about 2 to 3 days a week. It gets your body out of starvation mode. I usually work out just before I eat my dinner or breakfast. That way my body is already burning calories when I eat and I don't store much as fat. I wouldn't worry about a gain or loss over night unless it is more than 3 - 5 lbs. I can lose 3 lbs. going to the bathroom LOL.
  • FatgutBgone
    Options

The way I do it is I weigh myself before and after going to the bathroom. No muss no fuss.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    One high cal day will not do anything to alter one's metabolism.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

The way I do it is I weigh myself before and after going to the bathroom. No muss no fuss.

......pretty sure he was joking.......um, are you?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Only my scale knows...
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Only my scale knows...

Ha ha...I knew YOU were joking...was wondering if HE knew that...lol
  • FatgutBgone
    Options
    Only my scale knows...

Ha ha...I knew YOU were joking...was wondering if HE knew that...lol

Hey I heard stranger things on the shows about anorexia.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    Ah, yes. Hello old friend.

40 wings @ Applebees? Pfft... lightweight.

Beat me to it... You must have been incredibly thirsty afterwards. That has to be a lot of protein as well... And a great #2!!!
  • ljholmann
    Options
    Ok I have to ask, does the same amount come out that goes in?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Ok I have to ask, does the same amount come out that goes in?
    Of course not, silly. My body absorbs a portion of the food as fuel.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOL. I love this.
    As an unlicensed internet physician, I will try to sum this up with a diagram of what is happening with your weight loss and increased caloric intake.

[img][/img]
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Be glad, but cut back to goal over the next 5 days before trying that again.

Bobby is right, that is what I do when I hit a plateau. Bodybuilders do this too they call it "carb cycling" you eat low carbs on the days you don't lift heavy and load up on heavy lifting days about 2 to 3 days a week. It gets your body out of starvation mode. I usually work out just before I eat my dinner or breakfast. That way my body is already burning calories when I eat and I don't store much as fat. I wouldn't worry about a gain or loss over night unless it is more than 3 - 5 lbs. I can lose 3 lbs. going to the bathroom LOL.
    I never weigh in without taking a good poo...lol
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

I'm going with this one!!!
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    the food wasn't at applebee's it was at brewster's at edmonton. it was $.30 for each chicken. we had four people in our table and bought 20 of each chicken. we had 140 chickens in our table.

thanks for the response anyways

i'm still trying to finish all your comments but today i lost 2 pounds. i'm now 156 so it can't be water weight. i also drink lots of water every day
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    the food wasn't at applebee's it was at brewster's at edmonton. it was $.30 for each chicken. we had four people in our table and bought 20 of each chicken. we had 140 chickens in our table.

Ah... Sorry. I saw the 40 wings entry in your diary. My bad. :indifferent:
  • mattquit
    Options

yeah couldn't find brewster's chicken wings. so i went with the closest ones.

QUESTION! should i do this once every month? their chicken is delicious but we had to wait an hour for the line up lol but we had 16 people.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

It wasn't the place I was confused by. It was that your diary had 40 wings, but now you're saying that you bought 20 each. If you only ate 20, then your calorie count is high by 1,420, Champ.
  • mattquit
    Options

It wasn't the place I was confused by. It was that your diary had 40 wings, but now you're saying that you bought 20 each. If you only ate 20, then your calorie count is high by 1,420, Champ.

baah last comment on this thread for me. we bought 20 of each chicken. there was 7 types. 7 x 2 = 140. 140 chickens / 4? 35 but the two people stopped eating because they were full. so i had around 40 pieces.