Last 10-15 lbs HELP!

Options
If anyone knows the best way to lose the last 10-15 lbs I would love to hear it! I have been dieting/exercising for about a year now and I have lost about 13-14 lbs but I can only seem to maintain that and am not really losing anymore. PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Strength training, strength training, strength training. Slowly add more calories and change your goal from 2-1pounds per week to .5 pounds per week.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Strength training, strength training, strength training. Slowly add more calories and change your goal from 2-1pounds per week to .5 pounds per week.

I agree with all of this!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open so I'll just share what worked for me.

I upped my calories so my deficit was set at .5lbs per week. I ate all, and I mean all, hungry or not, my exercise calories. I lost about .5lb every ten days. If I didn't eat all my calories my losses stopped completely. I was biking to work 12 miles a day (round trip) and my job had me moving around a lot. This was all added as exercise, and eaten. I've maintained my losses for a little over a year.

Good luck with your journey. I hope you find a system that works for you.
  • sras13
    Options
    Thanks for the advice girls!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Eat more to lose more. But definitely strength training helps.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

this girl knows what shes talkin bout :P

other options would include doing a diff diet like anabolic/keto diet, up your cals for 1-2 weeks then lower them again, split ur cardio into morning and night and do more of it, then supplements like ECA stack can help...
  • sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    all the above!!!:smile:
  • skinnykim14
    Options
    Adjust your calories for your new weight. The less you weigh the less your body needs so if you are still eating the same number of calories as when you first started then you are probably eating too much. The only thing is not go under 1,200 otherwise your body is not getting the nutrition it needs. For example, when I started was at 1,650 calories per day and now I am at 1,350. If you update your profile with your new weight it should adjust.

Also, remember to use your calories wisely and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.