Hello!!!

Options
I just started on MFP and am desperate to lose. I am 34y/o and almost 300lbs. I have tried everything like most of you and am really praying that this is the wake up call I need to change my lifestyle. Very excited to get started, see ya at the finish line.

Replies

• summerbod
    summerbod Posts: 9
    Options
    I just started on MFP and am desperate to lose. I am 34y/o and almost 300lbs. I have tried everything like most of you and am really praying that this is the wake up call I need to change my lifestyle. Very excited to get started, see ya at the finish line.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I've found that logging my food for the day *before* I eat it helps keep me on track before I get the chance to derail. You can have a *summerbod* by next summer.... and you'll feel much this summer while you're on your way!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kelli, I bring all my food with me to work for the day, so I know what I have to deal with. I go to the gym after work and then I eat when I get home, what I eat all depends on how many calories I burn at the gym!
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Mriv
    Mriv Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome, you've come to the right place to achieve your goal. This place will provide you with all the tools and motivation you'll need. All you need is a little dedication and a touch of disciple. Keeping your journal up to date and logging every single morsel you eat is very important. Make sure you give it a couple of weeks before deciding what you think. You will find out things about yourself you never realized. You can do it.

Good luck on your journey.
    MR
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP this site is wonderful
  • Tylutki
    Tylutki Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone else is dealing with a thyroid condition as they are trying to lose weight. I had mine removed three years ago and have gained 40 lbs that simply refuses to come off. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.