Turkey or Chicken?

Options
What do you think is better? Jennio Turkey Burgers or Boneless skinless chicken breast? I am trying to eat healthy lunches and want to know y'all's opinion.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Better in terms of what?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Calories and fat for 4 oz is going to be very similar between the two. It might just come down to a matter of preference in tastes. Personally I prefer grilled or baked chicken breast over turkey burgers, but I do use a lot of ground turkey in place of ground beef for recipes.
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think they are both great options!! Mix it up so you don't get bored!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Real chicken. Not processed. Turkey burgers have added stuff. If you make your own turkey burger with ground turkey, that's a good option too.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Both are great alternatives and both are very boring..... keep them both close-by.
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Boneless and skinless chicken breast probably has less fat. Sometimes fat/skin added to ground turkey.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Why not use both? Keep it mixed up. Maybe throw in a little tuna or something to keep it interesting?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think they are both great options!! Mix it up so you don't get bored!

This is what I was thinking.
  • Generally, turkey is leaner. But both are excellent for you!
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I heart turkey burgers!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    The jenni-o turkey burgers have added sodium, so you need to watch out for that.

I prefer turkey, though!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Ground meat is more prone to recall due to bacteria and may have more additives than less processed meats. Just keep it in mind - and cook it thoroughly ;-)

I use both low-fat turkey and chicken frequently, often combining with a variety of microwave steamable veggies instead of just sandwiches. Several times a week I'll use tuna or salmon with the veggies, too. It adds nutritional variety and keeps it interesting.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I would make your own turkey burgers because you can add seasoning to it. I also like to make my chicken breast with cajun seasoning on it!!! I am all about spices and flavor!!!