Wii advice please :)

Options
2»

Replies

• TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have the following programs listed in order of long term playability and fun:

Just Dance (1 and 2)
    Wii Fit
    EA NFL Challenge
    EA Active 2

Just Dance - Just plain fun, no other peripheral is needed except the controller. Quick and easy to start up and get going. Workouts can be as long or as short as you want. And depending how much you get into it, you can really burn some kcals. Just Dance 2 has a workout program that will track your calories, too. I am not sure if Just Dance 1 does that.

Wii Fit - The games are fun, and the wii board keeps you weight and your fat percentage (take it with a grain of salt), but I don't think you burn a lot of calories. If you like low impact and/or yoga with some fun games, this is a good purchase. Can be pricey with the board. I bought the disc used from Game Stop for a few bucks, and the board used for $35.

EA NFL Challenge - This has real exercises that really work your muscles and cardio, and the football themed games are really fun. I created a workout of just the games, so me and my son can compete against each other. The problem with the EA games are the peripherals that you need to put on to use the program.

EA Active - The monitors take a while to put on and they are a little touchy, but you can burn a lot of calories with the cardio and strength training workouts.
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have both Zumba's for the Wii. But my personal favorite is Zumba 2 :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    my family loves the dancing games. We are thinking Santa will bring Zumba this year. :) I like the EA Active games way better than wii fit. I can't play mario cart b/c it makes me sick lol. We love to have bowling tournaments with friends and play baseball etc.

I hope you all love yours....
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii fit plus, and I like that I can keep track of my progress on it. I had fallen off the work-out wagon, and just started back today. I used the wii fit plus to warm up and then got on the treadmill. I also have Just Dance, and it's a great work out. It's fun and I always end up sweating up a storm with it. I have the Gold's Gym dance game, but I'm not a very coorinated sort of person and I struggle with the moves on it!
    If you get the fit plus, here's a hint. I learned the hard way not to weigh myself with the board sitting on carpet. My weight was off by about 7lbs, so when I moved it to a hard surface, I got a really rude awakening!
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    I have EA Active and EA Active 2 - both are a total workout. I'm drenched when I'm done and usually screaming hateful things at the trainer. I live in an apartment now so I can't so alot of the jumping etc exercises so I play it alot less than I used to (I just go to the gym now) but it's totally worth the money.
  • Queenbee412
    Options
    Wow! Thank you everyone! You guys are awesome.
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wii ZUMBA!!! It's so fun. You can break a good sweat doing the Michael Jackson experience too. My son has the EA football training one that I need to try out.

I can't get the dance move down for Wii Zumba!!!!! need help with that one..........

That's how I get most of my exercise, just attempting to keep up, especially at the expert level. If you keep trying though you'll eventually get the moves down.
  • mroger801
    Options
    I prefer the wii fit plus to wii fit (but I don't think the original is available anymore, so maybe not an issue). I want to try some other games because the wii fit plus is okay for when I can't hit the gym or to get in a secondary work out.
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    zumba! i want to get zumba2, its on sale for 30 bux this week!

my daughter is a huge fan of the just dance games... biggest loser is a waste of money!!!!! (and i'm a huge BL dvd fan)
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus and Just Dance 2 - I agree with other posters - the Wii Fit Plus is fun and really good for the yoga moves, but is not a real heavy workout. It is good if you are just starting out with working out and aren't too heavy (the board has a weight limit). I have just started using the Just Dance for cardio workouts - you can really work up a sweat.

Didn't know they had Zumba - I think I have something to add to the Christmas list.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    The Wii isn't as exciting as it seems. My inlaws got one, then got burned out on it real quick, they gave it to my fiance & I, & we're already burned out on it too.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Santa is bringing our family a Wii this year. I would love to know some of your favorite fitness games and tips. Do they still make the Wii fit? Is there something better? Thanks so much :)
    I love the Active 2. You can do trainer workouts or make your own depending on what parts of the body you want to work, how long, how many calories. It's very versatile for the money.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WiiFit PLUS is really good in my opinion.
    It has fun games, doubles as a scale, marks your weight on a calendar. Honestly it's the only scale I use.
    Plus it tells you how many calories you have burned and your BMI.
    They separate the exercises by type you have aerobic, yoga, strength training, balance andddd another set I forget.
    I add weights to the yoga and strength training sometimes! Highly recommend this game even though it's pretttyyy pricey.
  • klm80
    klm80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I bought a wii today! I picked up Just Dance 3 and Zumba. Cannot WAIT to get it hooked up and start going.
    There is a Zumba game?! OH SNAP! i will have to seak that out!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    i love Just Dance, Zumba, The biggest loser, Wii Fit, and Gold Gym Cardio Workout.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I like wii fit and Zumba... I burned 700+ calories according to my HRM on the regular Zumba class on the wii (part of that is I was jumping around being a goof tho because I had trouble keeping up witih tthe steps.. Lol)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I used the Wii to get my backside back into gear at the beginning of the year. My wife and I use a wide range of games depending on what we are looking to acheieve. I enjoy more physical games {Boxing, Martial Arts} my wife dance {Just Dance}. If you are limited to one disk Golds Gym Dance is a good one, it has Dance, Boxing and Free Play fitness routines. EA Sports is great and I have the original, my only complaint is the leg holster, I had issues with it at times sliding down, there were a few times I got pi@@ off enough that I pulled it maybe too tight.
    Enjoy the system.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I got back into shape by starting with the Wii. It was something I could do at home that actually tracked what I did. I really enhoyed the Wii Active by EA Sports. It was a great way to get moving and the strength combined with Cardio was great. I started with the 30 day challenge and went from there to where I am now.
  • kolyn75
    kolyn75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have and try to do it 3 times a week. It is a good work out. I researched it first and found a site that said a woman lost 85lbs in like 8 months doing every morning.
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I have the zumba fitness 2 for the Wii and love it. I also just got Just Dance 3, but I don't find it to be a great workout for me. I guess I need to learn the dance moves first.

The Wii Fit is okay - the only worthwhile workout would be boxing or the hula hoop :)