Hi, anybody else addicted to sugar?

Options
I had to get all of it out of my house! I'm detoxing this week I don't care if Christmas is on Sunday, I can't wait. I hope this site helps me get over this for good this time.

Replies

• mhoss101
    mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I would eat chocolate frosting straight from the container.. I am completely addicted to sugar.. specifically chocolate.. If I could bathe in chocolate, I probably would! Here's to quitting chocolate!
  • LissaAlice
    Options
    So am I! I cant got a day without chocolate, so starting tomorrow, no chocolate for a week! I don't know if I can do it, but I'm going to try my absolute hardest! x
  • marenemma
    marenemma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely addicted to sugar too. Can't go a day without chocolate or sweets or lots of sugar somehow. After I have eaten whatever I feel great and then after a while I get down, feel really tired and grumpy. Feels like... ah yeah taking drugs! That needs to change..
    Feel free to add me would be great to have friends who are struggling with the same thing!
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yep, especially milk chocolate. Oh and I do like beer and whiskey and that's completely sugar. Alcohol is fat free though, so there is some solace in that.
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    True, but what do you add to your alcohol?

BTW - Yes, Completely addicted to sugar, specifically chocolate and pastry. The next few weeks are going to be sucky for me, as i am diabetic and am going to have to completely change my ways of eating.

I'm scared and a little excited too!!
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm not addicted to sugar....but I love carbs....which in turn are sugars....so I'm just as bad!
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ice or water
  • mischafelix
    Options
    my god dont get me started i adore sugar and i am a type 1 diabetic its hell!!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    *Jumps up and down*

Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me ME ME ME ME ME
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Ice or water

Well done then :happy:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Ice or water

Well done then :happy:

:huh: *scratches head*
  • 4hotmama
    4hotmama Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes- I try to stay away from it, but it has been hard since halloween. If u need something sweet try a coupleof sliced strawberries with a 1 tablespoon low fat coolwhip and a tsp or so of chocolate syrup- not great but better then grabbing a candy bar
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    OMG, that's me. I need sugar after Breakfast, Lunch and dinner - after every meal. What's wrong with me?
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I only use brown raw sugar VERY sparingly.
    But yes, I was a "sugarholic"

See Jack Explain 50 years ahead of his time"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVEPB_l8FU
  • bunsonburnerson
    bunsonburnerson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG, that's me. I need sugar after Breakfast, Lunch and dinner - after every meal. What's wrong with me?

This is ME! I always get the worst sweet tooth after any meal I eat. :(
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I realized that I am addicted to sugar so have been off it and consider I won't have it again--the same as if I was allergic to nuts, I'd have to stop eating them. I havent thankfully had any processed sugar or foods since end of March. Thankfully fruit is good and there are some other diabetic foods I can have if I NEED to. But mostly the fruit daily works good.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yep. I am getting it more under control after about 10 weeks here on MFP, but it's still really hard.
  • theunimpossible
    Options
    My family has a history with diabetes, and I'm almost ALWAYS going way over my sugar intake.
    It's something I should certainly stop!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    It's my favorite meal of the day!
  • ChocolateisCrack
    ChocolateisCrack Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I am soooo glad I am not the only one. I was starting to think I needed rehab for sugar addiction. LOL!