Looking for a Good 5-7day cleanse

Options
SexyCook
SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
Has anyone had good success on a cleanse...I am looking to cleanse this body getting it right for 2012 on the last week...Plus I will need it after this week..:embarassed: ...Any suggestions...Please list the name and briefly what it consist of..how was it a success for you!! Thanks..

Replies

• SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    I'd like to know some too. For the new year.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat an entire box of Fiber One bars. :embarassed:
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Or you could just eat an entire box of Fiber One bars. :embarassed:

Are you kidding me...No way...lol
  • SexyCook
    Options
    There is the famous Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet). Have you tried that? I think they say that it should be donr for at least 10 days, but no more than 21.

GIRL yes...that dang near KILLED ME...OH NO!!
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I wish i could help.

The only thing I can think of is eating clean with no dairy or meat. Just the nuts, fruit and veggies.

You drink plenty of water but maybe you would need to flush the excess meat out of your system.
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Jointhereboot.com if you want to do something healthy and on a regular bases. Some of those detoxes are just gimmicks
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Whole foods..as in if it grew that way ...eat it..add nothing else.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Here's a cleanse for ya. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day, and focus on eating lean meats, fresh fruit and veggies and cutting back on processed foods. Add at least 30 mins of exercise to this each day to get your metabolism going too.

It can be done as a 7 day cleanse, but should be done FOREVER.

Don't buy in to expensive cleanses and system flushing BS. Just get healthy and stay healthy. Anything else is marketing BS.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Try a small bag of Russel Stover's sugar free chocolate covered english toffee.

You'll cleanse everything from your digestive system in 24 hours, guaranteed!

LOL
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't really buy into cleanses... they seem silly and arbitrary to me. Whenever I've had a long period of bad eating and want to "cleanse" I just double up on the fruits and veggies for a few days and cut back on my carbs and meat. Try to eat as clean and natural as possible.
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A chilled bottle of citrate of magnesium. It will clean out stuff you ate as a baby. (Do not take if you have cardiac problems or an electrolyte imbalance. Used for colon preps in hospitals everywhere).
  • quizoticblonde
    quizoticblonde Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just did the Cinch detox - 5 foods for 5 days :) I lost 10lbs in 5 days and i have kept it off using this site to track my calories. The five foods are nonfat plain yogurt (i cheated and got nonfat with honey), red raspberries (fresh or frozen), fresh spinach, almonds and eggs. Eat the same 4 meals each day. Breakfast = 1 cup spinach, 1 cup red raspberries, 2 tbsp almonds and 1 egg (hardboiled or fried in olive oil) Lunch= 1 cup red raspberries, 2 tbsp almonds and 1 6oz plain non fat yogurt. Snack = 1 cup red raspberries, 1 6 oz plain non fat yogurt 2 tbsp almonds. Supper = 2 cups spinach, 1 cup red raspberries and 2 tbsp almonds. I am a nursing mom and i checked with a nurse before going on this diet. It has plenty of protein so the baby is not affected. No pop on this detox either! Zero calorie drinks such as Lipton's Diet Green Tea with mixed berry or Liptons Diet White tea with Raspberry are what i drank. But you can have water or other teas as long as zero calories. This is a simple detox for your system and if you stick to it you can lose a few lbs and feel better. you can find more stuff about this detox by googling it but this is just what i did and i had good results. Main thing is to NOT cheat :) Good luck if you try it.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Don't buy in to expensive cleanses and system flushing BS. Just get healthy and stay healthy. Anything else is marketing BS.
    ^ This.
    /thread.

(Execption if you are having surgery and must resort to other means).
  • RaiofSoLeil
    RaiofSoLeil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There is the famous Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet). Have you tried that? I think they say that it should be donr for at least 10 days, but no more than 21.

Actually according to the book it should be done no more than 40 days. I actually did it for 40 days over the summer, and if you want to cleanse your body, clear out your pores remove cravings this is the cleanse. it is excellent but you have to make sure to do it properly, and come off it properly in order to maintain its effectiveness.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Try a small bag of Russel Stover's sugar free chocolate covered english toffee.

You'll cleanse everything from your digestive system in 24 hours, guaranteed!

LOL

I so remember this post. poor guy
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    If you have gone long enough without sugar you can try what I did last week. (not on purpose) I very rarely drink anything but green tea and water. In about 30 minutes I had a piece of really sugary cake and 4-5 glasses of southern sweet tea. About 30 minutes later I was well on my way to a cleanse. There was stuff exiting my body rapidly! The next day I was about 2 pounds lighter (and it has stayed off too)
  • ronadams52
    ronadams52 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This is a 3 - 5 day program several of my clients followed with results ranging from a pound lost to almost 5 depending on your particular situation. If this does not appeal to you or you may have medical reasons not to use this approach I would say to stop by any health foods store. They generally have several options to choose from. Good luck and let me know how you do if you try this or another approach. Sorry about the length.

3 - 5 Day Clean-Food Detox Plan

This three-day super-clean eating plan helps you eliminate toxic dietary offenders and focuses on whole, natural foods. Includes menus and simple recipes — plus tips for minimizing withdrawal symptoms. By Sara Ryba, R.D., C.D.N.

I am not a fan of cleansing regimens that involve fasting, colonics or laxatives. I find that a super-clean eating program can do wonders for your body, mind and soul. So I've created a three-day meal plan that is free of caffeine, alcohol, refined carbohydrates, sugar and sugar substitutes. Try this nutritional detoxification program and in just a few short days, you can look and feel years younger by eliminating a few dietary toxins and focusing on whole, natural foods.

I suggest you follow this detox plan for a minimum of three days, but ideally try for it five. Most likely, you'll feel the positive effects immediately and your body will be smiling from the inside out. If you find that removing junk food from your diet causes feelings of withdrawal (many of my clients have found sugar to be worse than caffeine), try my tips on page 2 to help you manage these symptoms.

3-day spring (or any season) cleaning menu

The three days of menus are approximately 1,500 calories per day. If you require more or fewer calories, you can simply alter the portion sizes, but do not skip any of the meals or snacks. You'll need to eat frequently to keep your stamina going.
    Also, it's important to follow these guidelines:
    • Keep an eye on absolutely everything that goes into your mouth. YES, I even want you to avoid chewing gum and breathe mints.
    • Drinking water is a true necessity, especially when you are cleansing. Almost all of your liquids should be pure, unadulterated water. We usually recommend about 64 ounces per day.
    • Decaf green tea and hot water with lemon may be added for those people missing their warm morning mug.
    • If all of these guidelines seem too daunting to take on at once, feel free to mix and match. In other words, you could follow the menus but allow yourself one small cup of coffee. Make it work for you, but remember that the more you adhere to the plan, the bigger difference you'll feel.

Day 1
    Breakfast: 1 cup of steel-cut or Irish oats (measured after cooking), topped with 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts and 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries.
    Snack: ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt mixed with ½ of a banana, sliced, and 2 tablespoons Grape-Nuts or other high-fiber cereal.
    Lunch: Washed baby spinach leaves (or other dark green salad greens) topped with 4 ounces of grilled chicken, 8-10 sliced red grapes, sliced red onion and 2 tablespoons slivered almonds. Dress salad with fresh lemon juice and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Serve with ½ of a 6-inch whole-wheat pita pocket.
    Snack: Sliced green apple with 1 ounce of cheddar cheese.
    Dinner: Bake a 5-ounce piece of cod or tilapia (or other white flaky fish). Place fish in a baking dish, top with 2 teaspoons olive oil, fresh lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through; serve with ½ cup brown rice and steamed broccoli.
    Nutrition Information
    1,489 calories
    145 grams of carbohydrates
    108 grams of protein
    57 grams of fat
    31 grams of fiber
    41 grams of sugar
    784 mg of sodium
    665 mg of calcium

Day 2
    Breakfast: In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, make a 3-egg-white omelet filled with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese and ½ cup of sliced tomatoes and onions (or other vegetable of choice). Serve omelet with a navel orange or half a grapefruit.
    Snack: 1 slice of whole-grain bread topped with 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter or almond butter.
    Lunch: 5-ounce salmon fillet grilled or poached (can purchase canned salmon if easier) served over a bed of baby arugula (or other dark green lettuce) and topped with ½ cup of chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
    Snack: ½ cup 1% cottage cheese (calcium-fortified if available) topped with ½ cup of fresh or frozen berries.
    Dinner: Broil a lean 4-ounce ground sirloin burger (or lean ground turkey burger) and serve it on a whole-wheat English muffin topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions. Serve burger with a large mixed green salad dressed with balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
    Nutrition Information
    1,473 calories
    118 grams of carbohydrates
    122 grams of protein
    60 grams of fat
    26 grams of fiber
    34 grams of sugar
    2,100 mg of sodium
    821 mg of calcium

Day 3
    Breakfast: Combine 1 cup of plain nonfat yogurt (look for Greek yogurt if available), 2 tablespoons flax seeds, 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries and 2 tablespoons Grape-Nuts or other high-fiber breakfast cereal.
    Snack: 1 hard-boiled egg and a handful of baby carrots.
    Lunch: Top a 6-inch whole-wheat tortilla with ¼ of a sliced avocado, 2 slices of tomato, 2 slices of part-skim mozzarella cheese, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and 1 romaine lettuce leaf. Wrap up and enjoy with a bag of fresh green or purple grapes (about 15-20 grapes).
    Snack: 1 cup of skim or soy milk and 1 ounce of raw almonds (about 20 almonds).
    Dinner: Bake a 5-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast with fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of capers or sliced green olives (in oven-proof baking dish at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes -- or until cooked through). Serve chicken with a corn salad comprised of 1 cup of frozen, thawed corn niblets, 1 diced plum tomato, ¼ cup black beans, topped with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
    Nutrition Information
    1,508 calories
    152 grams of carbohydrates
    109 grams of protein
    61 grams of fat
    29 grams of fiber
    54 grams of sugar
    1,872 mg of sodium
    1,183 mg of calcium

Tips to minimize withdrawal symptoms
    Get yourself psyched to cleanse, but also be prepared. This may not be easy, but it is definitely worth it! It is really only the first one to two days that you are likely to feel any of these negative side effects, and I can assure you that by day four, you will feel better than you have in a long time!

To help combat side effects such as headaches and fatigue, try the following:
    • Drink adequate water — about 64 ounces per day. This will help to ease any negative side effects.
    • Add an extra piece of fruit or a very small glass of fruit juice if you are feeling extremely lethargic.
    • Get at least seven to eight hours of sleep per day. If this is not possible at night, try to fit in a few catnaps during the day.

Give it a go! And please come chat with us about your cleanse on the nutrition forum. I'd really love to hear from you.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Your body cleanses itself just fine without help. So-called "cleanses" are rubbish.
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water, continuing exercising each day, and majorly beef up on your fruits and veggies.

I doubt you want to hear this but just start fresh for this last week on December. There isn't really a need to cleanse or detox. You will just put weight back on after you start eating normal again.
  • atiffany1
    Options
    I know of the Juice Cleanse. If you have netflicks watch Fat,Sick and almost Dead. You can do this cleanse for a week or in his case he did it for 90 days. Basically you use a juicer and juice fruit and veggies, they have different juices you can make on their website. I guess the idea behind it is to drink the juice to get your nutrients that your body needs from the fruits and veggies, and it cleans all the toxins out of your body.. The problem with the lemonade cleanse is it doesn't put nutrients in your body while your cleansing. I found it very interesting and plan to do it myself.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/