Inspirational Quotes...Feel free to add on! :o)

Options

Replies

• Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    Stepping over Our Wounds

Sometimes we have to "step over" our anger, our jealousy, or our feelings of rejection and move on. The temptation is to get stuck in our negative emotions, poking around in them as if we belong there. Then we become the "offended one," "the forgotten one," or the "discarded one." Yes, we can get attached to these negative identities and even take morbid pleasure in them. It might be good to have a look at these dark feelings and explore where they come from, but there comes a moment to step over them, leave them behind and travel on.

Henri Nouwen
    wow, pretty powerful one Ivy:heart:
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    Love never fails.....Book of Corinthians:flowerforyou:
    :heart:
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    "I just don't understand how someone can completely abandon hope. I woke up everyday for 40 years with hope that something good would happen to me that day. For 40 years, nothing good happened to me. And then one day, something did happen and it made every second of those 40 years worth it."

- With tears in her eyes after I told her one of my friends (whom she'd never met) committed suicide. My dear sweet Grandma .(R.I.P.)

She changed my life. I wish she could see me now.
    :heart: warm hugs:cry::flowerforyou:
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    "We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives.not looking for flaws, but for potential."

Ellen Goodman
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    WOW..this one is powerful!!

:heart: As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down
    probably will.

:heart: You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.

:heart: You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.

:heart: You'll fight with your best friend.

:heart: You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.

:heart: You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.

:heart: So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt
    because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    He's no failure. He's not dead yet.
    - William Lloyd George

Same sentiment as...

Never, never, never, never give up.
    -- Winston Churchill

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    You can't always get what you want-- Mick Jagger. :bigsmile:
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options
    My fave is..

Dance like no one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt,sing like no one is listening,and live like it's heaven on earth.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Don't let other people's negative opinion of you become your reality.:flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    When I look at my children they inspire in me two sentiments, tenderness for who they are and respect for what they may become
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Out of clutter, find Simplicity.
    From discord, find Harmony.
    In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity.

- Albert Einstein
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Make failure your teacher, not your undertaker.
    - Zig Ziglar
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Excuses are the tools of the incompatent.
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    Dare- Sometimes you just have to take the leap,
    And build your wings on the way down.
    Kobi Yamada

216838.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ivykivy
    Options
    I get by with a little help from my friends
    The Beatles
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    What would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me?
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Do not annoy the dragon...for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
    M. Scott Peck

When people show you who they are Believe Them!
    Maya Angelou

“Problems do not go away. They must be worked through or else they remain, forever a barrier to the growth and development of the spirit.”
    M. Scott Peck

“There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.”
  • ivykivy
    Options
    "Who decides? Whether repentance is indeed repentance? Or whether it is fear or greed or hate masquerading as repentance? Must we? In fact we do because we must. No doubt in the end only God knows all, and we may forgive a hypocrite or reject a penitent. The danger of the last is the greater."

Charles William
  • ivykivy
    Options
    The steeper the mountain the harder the climb
    the better the view from the finishing line
    Anonymous

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out.
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow--You may succeed with another blow,
    Success is failure turned inside out--The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
    Unknown