Bad attitude

Options
Hello, I am starting this but perhaps have a bad crabby attitude about it. Why? because I know everything there is to know about losing weight but I just have trouble applying it. I don't mean to have a bad attitude, it is just hard to get motivated after trying to lose weight for 16 years. Hence my name, Motivated. I tried to put a question mark after my name but this site would not let me. I hope to get a better attitude over time once I start walking again. I know that walking elevates my mood. :angry:

Replies

• Motivated
    Options
    Hello, I am starting this but perhaps have a bad crabby attitude about it. Why? because I know everything there is to know about losing weight but I just have trouble applying it. I don't mean to have a bad attitude, it is just hard to get motivated after trying to lose weight for 16 years. Hence my name, Motivated. I tried to put a question mark after my name but this site would not let me. I hope to get a better attitude over time once I start walking again. I know that walking elevates my mood. :angry:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    i just had 5 lbs crawfish damn it was good
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! There are lots of motivating stories on here....this site is working for a lot of people, give it an honest try....you may be surprised, then you'll be motivated!!!!!!!
  • GodzGirl
    GodzGirl Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome Motivated!

My problem is, I start out good for a week then do horrible the next.
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    I think your success will begin with your attitude. Change your thinking to one of I will/I can, in place of this sucks/I can't. Everytime a negative thought comes into your head regarding food, you feel bad. Don't do that to yourself. Think good thoughts and feel good. Feeling good will keep you motivated to do well, and treat your body right. You have the tools within yourself to make the positive life changes you seek. Best of luck to you!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I could probably write the book on depression and the battle of losing weight even at your age. I had a very rude wake up call from my doctors before I really Got It.....it's not just about loosing weight now . It is a new {for me} way of life, I had been eating all the wrong foods in the wrong portions and trying diets. LOL lots of diets, loose the weight , gain the weight and mood swings came with it and more depression. I was fortunate to come across MFP and am learning everyday how to eat good healthy foods in proper portions, and great support { which I have never had before}. Your at the right place for learning how to care for yourself, so you can be around longer to care for those you love and who love you.:flowerforyou:
  • Motivated
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I will try to adjust my attitude :huh: I must say, I have been logging my diet and exercise for the past three days and boy do I need help!! I can really see why I am fat. Sunday was REALLY bad. Did you know that when you eat hot ham, the kaiser roll it is on, is more fattening than the ham? Well I had two of those suckers!