Looking for a Good 5-7day cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    EDIT: Oh my, I meant to post this elsewhere. Carry on.
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options
    Before I started my diet, I did a fruit and veggie detox. I ate only fruit and veggies for a week. I also included some Morningstar products when I was feeling desperate. I did this for 7 days. On day six, everyone from my body exited. Day 7 was quite miserable though, my tongue was raw from all the acids from the fruits and veggies.

However, I lost about 8 pounds and I felt better than ever. I believe this jump started my weight loss. No caffine, no pop/soda. Be careful though, do not go back to eating heavily after. Your stomach will feel like its consumed rocks. Eat light and you'll be -- A o k !
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Try a small bag of Russel Stover's sugar free chocolate covered english toffee.

You'll cleanse everything from your digestive system in 24 hours, guaranteed!

LOL

I so remember this post. poor guy
    Was it xylitol?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm going to get in to an unnecessary poo-slinging contest here, but why would you want to do this?

You say you have never felt better, yet you suffered from the acid from eating too much fruit...? That and you body had to re-adjust to 'normal' eating.

With this way of eating, your body is going to take energy from wherever it can, and this starts to wear away at your lean body mass (muscle) as much as your fat. Sure you will lose weight, but you will not gain health... and all numbers and scale worship aside, weightloss is not the end game. BETTER HEALTH IS THE NUMBER ONE GOAL!

Don't pursue any plan that you are not able to sustain or you will continue to fail and ask yourself why over and over again. This is exactly the type of thing that continues to feed the multi billion dollar a year 'diet' industry. Please don't give into the hype.
  • fatgirlslimagain
    fatgirlslimagain Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Here's a cleanse for ya. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day, and focus on eating lean meats, fresh fruit and veggies and cutting back on processed foods. Add at least 30 mins of exercise to this each day to get your metabolism going too.

It can be done as a 7 day cleanse, but should be done FOREVER.

Don't buy in to expensive cleanses and system flushing BS. Just get healthy and stay healthy. Anything else is marketing BS.
    My sentiment exactly!!
  • qingwang2011
    qingwang2011 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My friends and I are doing this the day after Christmas.
    http://www.women-workout-routines.com/7-day-detox-diet.html
    Good Luck!
  • fatgirlslimagain
    fatgirlslimagain Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    keep in mind, .. i have tried every crazy diet/cleanse on the market.

WARNING!! what you lose you will put straight back on and then some coz your body will go into starvation mode

sensible eating detox I have tried is
    28 day detox book by carol vorderman

very sensible approach to food - gave me heaps of energy but a bit limiting
    no meat or dairy or bad fats
  • elizabethrose7
    elizabethrose7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is the famous Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet). Have you tried that? I think they say that it should be donr for at least 10 days, but no more than 21.

I know someone who got serious kidney stones after doing this cleanse. :indifferent: Just putting that out there.
  • Tobefitalways
    Options
    bump
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    My friends and I are doing this the day after Christmas.
    http://www.women-workout-routines.com/7-day-detox-diet.html
    Good Luck!

Are you kidding? With all the advice on this forum (and in the world...) you still think something like this is a good option?!?! You will lose weight that week... because you will be STARVING YOURSELF.
  • MissOphelia
    Options
    This sounds like something I'd love to try!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Try a small bag of Russel Stover's sugar free chocolate covered english toffee.

You'll cleanse everything from your digestive system in 24 hours, guaranteed!

LOL

I so remember this post. poor guy
    Was it xylitol?

No, I think it had maltose or sugar alcohol in it?

http://www.russellstover.com/jump.jsp?itemID=908&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1,2,4,24,157&iProductID=908

They tasted great, thus the downing of the entire bag in one sitting lol

What a mistake!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Abstain from all alcohol, drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Coffee is okay, but no creamer or sugar. Sugar substitute may be okay, your call.

Day One All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and cantaloupe.

Day Two All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.

Day Three A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas. No potatoes today.

I have had a few friends do this "cleanse" and have great results. I don't see the harm as it is all natural, whole foods.

Expect high levels of energy and some weight loss.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a cleanse per se but kind of a nice detox to is to to 5-7 days of raw fruits and veggies with lots of water. Some people do the juice thing but I like the feeling of eating. haha check of the movie "fat, sick and nearly dead" it's about the raw food reboot.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had good success on a cleanse...I am looking to cleanse this body getting it right for 2012 on the last week...Plus I will need it after this week..:embarassed: ...Any suggestions...Please list the name and briefly what it consist of..how was it a success for you!! Thanks..

If you ate right to begin with, you'd have nothing to cleanse your body of.

That said, veggies & fruits.
  • nm_runner
    Options
    bump for later
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Veg cleanses are always decent. End up getting a lot of fiber...which may make you a little uh gassy, so be prepared for that part if you're going to be at a family function or something. Lol.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Bump for later!