When and Where do you workout?

Options
I HAVE to work out in the morning before my day gets started. I start work at 5 in the morning and make sure I'm at the gym by 3:15 at the latest. Thankfully I work at a place that has a cardio gym, weight room and Crossfit gym which are open to all employees 24/7, and showers!

I rarely have the energy or drive to workout after work or after my normal routines get started for the day, so even on my days off, I will either do a video at home or drive to the gym at a scary hour (like 6 am) to get my workout in before 8. If I get up after 8, it won't happen at all.

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite: I have more energy after work, so I work out in the early evening, usually right after work. Most days I work out at home with DVDs, but in January I will have a new gym membership :happy:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    YMCA, 5:30 am, 4x per week.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Monday thru Friday I workout right after I get off work. And then on Saturdays I work out as soon as I get up. And I take Sunday's off. And I use DVD's at home or use my Elliptical. But soon hopefully in the next couple of weeks my work is having a small workout area put in. Elliptical, Treadmill, TV for DVD's and a couple other things! I work for my parents so it's a family business, so I am really excited about this!
  • blakeman187
    Options
    Crossfit at 6am and cardio at 5pm, 6 days a week.
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Walk the Dogs 3 times a day...at home I have an Eliptical and weights :-)
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 am and workout at home Monday - Friday. Weekends are up in the air on what time!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I work rotating shifts. When I work evenings I work out in the morning, when I work days I do it after work. I have a gym set up in my basement, bunch of free weights an elliptical and bike, weight machine, yoga ball, and a big white board to keep track of everything. (I have been collecting fitness equipment for 7-8 years). It works out for me because I HATE the idea of driving to a gym to work out and wait for machines and such then to drive back home. :)
  • Nicki1984
    Nicki1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I typically exercise 6 days a week at around 11am or 12 noon. I do my exercising in the comfort of my own home :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Depends on the day.
    Sometimes first thing in the morning, sometimes in the evening. Always at the gym unless I head outside for a run.
    All my Saturday long runs are outside, place depends on what is going on that day and how many miles is on the schedule.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Every morning is started with a 30-60 minute dog walk - she won't let me sleep in! If I'm home during the day, we go for another 30-60 minute lunchtime walk. Often, she also wants to go on a third 30-60 minute evening walk. If not, in the evening I'm either swimming, biking, jogging, strength training, or doing a DVD - all in the comfort of my own home. I'm much to self-conscious (and frugal) to go to a gym!
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    I'm a night owl, so I work out in the evenings in my living room.
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    First thing after work, at the gym. I'm working on going more often than I have been, but it's only week 3 for me.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    All bags and food are packed the night before, workout clothes are laid out ready to go. My alarm goes off at 5:20am and I am out the door in 10 minutes or less. Check in at the gym by 6am and on the floor by 6:10.

Strength/weights for 50m, run/intervals for 20ish. Shower and get ready in the locker room, at my desk by 8am.

Repeat M-F.

I LOVE MORNING WORKOUTS!!!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I used to have a gym membership but got rid of it to save money, so I just use my treadmill and weights in our basement. I work 9-5 so I can only work out after work. Really hoping to get a stationary bike for Christmas to change up my routine. :D
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 7 am and noon depending on my school/work schedule. It's either a 3-4 mile jog through the neighborhood, 30 minutes of yoga, or a combination.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Every morning is started with a 30-60 minute dog walk - she won't let me sleep in! If I'm home during the day, we go for another 30-60 minute lunchtime walk. Often, she also wants to go on a third 30-60 minute evening walk. If not, in the evening I'm either swimming, biking, jogging, strength training, or doing a DVD - all in the comfort of my own home. I'm much to self-conscious (and frugal) to go to a gym!

I reached my goal weight just by walking the dog!
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I can workout whenever, but it is typically after work at like 5:30. We currently have a membership to Urban Active, but are trying out LA Fitness as they have a basketball court, which my husband loves.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I feed my animals at 5 p.m., then work out with DVDs in my living room. I try to walk earlier in the day, whenever/wherever I have an opportunity. If I'm substitute teaching and have an off period, I walk the halls or do laps around the buildings, weather permitting. If I need to burn more calories after dinner, I use the HealthRider in my living room or the Gazelle in front of my computer.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My schedule is still evolving. It changes with the weather more than anything else. Now that the days are so short, I am relying much heavier on being at the gym. I go on my lunch hour 3/4 times a week and once a week after work when I can't get there at lunchtime. Once or twice a week I squeeze in a short yoga session in the morning.
    I try to walk outdoors on the weekends -- good excuse to get my husband off the sofa!
    I have a few videos, free weights, wii system to shake things up once in awhile. Santa is bringing new videos and DanceParty3 and Zumba. I took Zumba classes for a couple of months but I was spending $60 a month. The $20 membership to the gym is a much better deal and more convenient as well. Once I get to goal, I hope to only go to the gym 3 days a week instead of four and spend more time outdoors.

95981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    we have a gym in my neighborhood but I also belong to a gym..... sometimes I'll go to the gym in the neighborhood around 630 am before work (I work from home) but typically I go to my gym in the afternoon between work (I work a weird split shift).... on the weekends I go to my gym typically in the mornings between 7-9am..... :)