Christmas gift ideas for a guy (second date) - HELP!!!!

Options

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    A beej is a really nice second date present

What if that's what you gave on your first date?

What is wrong with giving another. 'Tis the season of giving.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Maybe some rubs or seasonings he could use when he's cooking? I know they have gift packs of sauces and things normally around this time.
    I second this one. Not too sentimental or extravagant, but acknowledges his hobby.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    A beej is a really nice second date present

What if that's what you gave on your first date?

What is wrong with giving another. 'Tis the season of giving.

I just wanted to make sure that second date + holiday season didn't = ATM or something.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    That sounds WAY too early for gifts to me. That said, he did give you something. Maybe a gift certificate for dinner with the added implication that you would go with him. It's like insurance for another date.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I bought mine a book and a rockabilly t-shirt...turns out the book was a bad idea but he loved the shirt lol I'd get him a gift certificate to a great resturant, and hope that he takes you with him
  • 1FitMom326
    Options

I was thinking the same thing, even though the women don't want a dozen roses on the 2nd date do men?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    He will really appreciate a $25 Amazon Email or self print gift certificate, or an I-tunes gift card.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Find out what media device he has (ipod, android, etc.) and then get him a gift to the app store or to the music store. Nobody hates those giftcards. Best thing about shopping for a guy is that the gift doesn't have to be sentimental, just cool.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    How about a Starbucks gift card? Assuming he's down with coffee and tea and such.

I'm with this, or one of their gift sets. Most guys like Starbucks!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Something small that's personalized and goes off what you know about him is great. I like the ideas of spice rubs/seasonings and the "3rd date" idea. Something personalized is way nicer than something extravagant, and less pressure too.
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    How about a nice bottle of wine?
  • prencesskl
    Options
    You could give him a third date :) , a Christmas card with tickets to watch a film

I like that idea a lot. Give him tickets to something you guys can do together, that is if you want there to be a 4th date : )
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Something small that's personalized and goes off what you know about him is great. I like the ideas of spice rubs/seasonings and the "3rd date" idea. Something personalized is way nicer than something extravagant, and less pressure too.
    As a guy. No No No No No No SPICE RUBS.
    I don't want to be mean, but just NO!
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Do you know what he likes? any interests he has mentioned? that would help you figure it out

He does construction for a living, likes to cook (smokes meat, grill..guy cooking) and make wine. Is that enough to go on?
    Get him a gift card to an interesting restaurant (ex- i live near a place where you pick your own meat and what not and get to cook it although i think its stupid (who wants to pay to cook thier own meal??) a lot people i know that enjoy cooking love it) or a gift card/btl of wine from a winery (try to find one here- http://www.allamericanwineries.com/AAWMain/locate.htm)

Good luck! :happy:
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Just give him your company for a while, he should be happy with that, I would be!
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Find out what media device he has (ipod, android, etc.) and then get him a gift to the app store or to the music store. Nobody hates those giftcards. Best thing about shopping for a guy is that the gift doesn't have to be sentimental, just cool.

Very much agreed. And don't throw out a gift card idea..he shouldn't mind since thats what he go you and he'll know for sure that you didn't spend more on him than he did on you :smile:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    if it were me, I'd like a 30 lb. medicine/smash ball :)

seriously, though, its the 3rd date. it doesn't sound like you were planning to get him something. so, just because he got you something doesn't mean that a gift from you should be expected. do you want this possible relationship to be about quid pro quo...i.e., just because he does something, you're going to do it....or do you prefer for things to develop on your time line? I'd say go with your time line.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Easy

Victoria Secrets undies and top
    Condom
    Smile
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You could give him a third date :) , a Christmas card with tickets to watch a film

Love it!!