These cookies have no nutrional value at all

Options
... but I am going to make them because it is Christmas. Also, the fatter I make my co-workers, the thinner I look. :)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chocolate-chip-bacon-cookies/

Ingredients

6 slices maple-cured bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Directions

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble.
Beat the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy and smooth. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips and bacon. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,019 Member
    Options
    Haha...........bacon goes with everything.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    As a MAN, the thought of bacon on or in anything is sooooo appealing. it just makes sense, toss some bacon on it. On the other hand....chocolate chip cookies are my kriptonite and as cool as it sounds, adding bacon to them might ruin the allure for me.....i'm stuck do i like this idea or do I hate it. frig maybe making these could make me hate chocolate chip cookies thus eliminating one of my biggest downfalls, or make me completely depressed for the rest of my life, Thanks KINRAD, thanks :devil: :devil:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sort of related:

I gotta look up the recipe for potato chip cookies .......

Potato Chip Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup crushed ridged potato chips
    1/2 cup ground pecans
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in potato chips and pecans. Stir in flour just until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball. Shape into 1” balls; place 2” apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in flour. Bake at 350° F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,019 Member
    Options
    Trust me, salty and sweet is a very alluring taste sensation, add some maple syrup and your set.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    ... but I am going to make them because it is Christmas. Also, the fatter I make my co-workers, the thinner I look. :)
    Saboteur! :laugh:
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Speedtrap
    Options
    I make these all the time for my daughter.
    She has Cystic Fibrosis and so she need a high fat, high salt diet and these are perfect.
    Now I have tried them before and they are not bad but I like the cookies better without the bacon.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think when you bring in fattening food to your coworkers at work, it means you're jealous...or something. *checks notes*
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ewwwww! that does not sound good but to each his own, enjoy:laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What?? Wait, I thought eggs and chocolate were good for us?
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options

More like payback for all the delicious fattening crap they put on our desks for years :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You are a good man.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Bacon and chocolate together. Pure Awesomeness.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I posted a GF version of these on my wall a few weeks ago. I like the way you think, sir.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I buy these from wholefoods every once in awhile...

41VhkGw5d7L._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Also who here hasn't had a bacon doughnut from voodoo doughnut.. Go there now and get one if you haven't.. :-)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    More like payback for all the delicious fattening crap they put on our desks for years :)
    THEY'RE ALL OUT TO GET US! JEALOUS OF OUR WEIGHT LOSS, THEY ARE!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Holy cow these sound good

:drool:
  • bewell33
    bewell33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! the fatter I make them...... you evil, evil man! And I love it
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: My eldest daughter and I made these last night and we both had one... they are GOOOOOD. I brought a pile to work, and so far the excess fat and salt is making all of my co-workers happy little zombie slaves! Muhahahahahaaa!