natural hair?

Options

Replies

• kabercrombie216
    Options
    @trudemeanor
    wow, 30 years of natural hair. I wish I had that much time under my belt of being natural. Well I guess I should be coming to you for haircare tips! lol. This is a hard journey for me ( natural hair). One of the things I struggle with is eating right and drinking water. This has also caused my weight problems.
  • Lily_1
    Lily_1 Posts: 38
    Options
    I want to get dreds started. Tell me about the process.
  • RoyalLadySanders
    Options
    I am a beginner naturale.....as of Sept 2011 but had about 5 months growth before I bc'd. I think that's what pushed me into the whole health thing. Now I'm enjoying the total lifestyle change!! :happy:
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    yep...since 1999....have chopped it all off twice (three times coming soon I'm sure)...
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Im natural almost 2 years, transitioned in 2009.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Me. About 8 years.
  • PuffBeGone
    Options
    Been natural almost 2 yrs & loving it
  • MissOphelia
    Options
    I have been natural for 10 yrs! I use mayo, eggs, vinegar, tea, olive oil, coconut milk, avocado and rosemary oil as well. Google some hair recipes. You can use so many to make your hair smell good and look great! Your kitchen has everything you need for your hair and skin. I can send you some of my recipes if you like.

It's best not to use chemicals and toxins on your hair and body such as MINERAL OIL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM LAURETE and more they cause cancer.

check out the short video @ http://www.storyofstuff.org/movies-all/story-of-cosmetics/

wow this sounds awesome! I'm always looking for new things to try beauty-wise just for fun. could you friend me and share your recipes if you don't mind? That would be so great! :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What does "natural hair" mean? You don't use store bought shampoos and gels??? ??????????
  • sahrak1
    sahrak1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    me ! , ive been natural for 2 years xx
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have very natural hair... dreadlocks! :) I am white though so not sure if that counts, lol.

ME TOO! Yay for dreads!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the natural hair sisters. I don't think i am ready for it though. Although i do wear my hair in braids, which is awesome because i workout alot ;)

Congrats again :0)
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    mine is :) never put any chemicals in it. ...but im white so I probably don't count. haha
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    any natural hair divas here?

What does that mean? You don't shave, don't wear extensions or a wig???
  • aquapussy
    Options

Ok correct me if I am wrong but I believe African American hair tends to be frizzy so many people put a "backwards" perm in it to relax the hair, which can damage it. So I guess natural would be the way it comes out of your head, no chemical relaxers to make it straight.
  • squibble37
    Options
    Another natural checking in! It's been 1 1/2 years for me. :)
  • maandyx0
    Options
    Natural my whole life. (:
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Ok correct me if I am wrong but I believe African American hair tends to be frizzy so many people put a "backwards" perm in it to relax the hair, which can damage it. So I guess natural would be the way it comes out of your head, no chemical relaxers to make it straight.

You're right :)
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, well now I'm curious. I'm tempted to say I've been natural my whole life, but I did have dread extensions... but I had real dreadss underneath.... And I have pressed my hair a handful of times... But no perms ever. So, like 90% natural my whole life? Haha...
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I got my locks about 5 years ago I had just turned 19 and wanted a change. I love my hair, but the down side of it is that I am from charleston south carolina and I am proud to say I am very country so people always ask me if I am from "the island"!! lol I don't take offensive, it makes me giggle everytime! I am curently living in japan and japanese people are NOT use to see locs at all. When we carried our kids this past summer to Tokyo Disney they kept touching my hair and asking to take pictures with me! LOL But then again I swear on life we were the only black people in a WHOLE disney land theme park!!! People where just taking pictues of us! LOL and smh....Sorry I got off topic. lol

13714515.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter