Sensa? *No Haters or Mean Ppl Allowed*

Options
Ok before I ask my question im going to say a few things I know I need to state before I get my head bitten off by some overly intrusive ppl... 1st off do not comment on my post if your going to be rude, ignorant, or a know it all! 2nd I know there is no magic pill that you can take and poof your skinny and 3rd I am maintaining a 1200 calorie a day diet, working out 4-5 times a day at a min. of an hour max 90mins....

Ok so has anyone tried Sensa? I got curious cause all the adds that keep popping up on MFP home page so I clicked over, generally when I see the words no diet or exercise needed or eat whatever you want I get the feeling its a scam but I was curious if anyone has had any personal experience with it. I was thinking it would be something I could add to my diet and fitness regemint to help when I platua? Thoughts?

Replies

• evansproudmama
    Options
    Ok before I ask my question im going to say a few things I know I need to state before I get my head bitten off by some overly intrusive ppl... 1st off do not comment on my post if your going to be rude, ignorant, or a know it all! 2nd I know there is no magic pill that you can take and poof your skinny and 3rd I am maintaining a 1200 calorie a day diet, working out 4-5 times a day at a min. of an hour max 90mins....

Ok so has anyone tried Sensa? I got curious cause all the adds that keep popping up on MFP home page so I clicked over, generally when I see the words no diet or exercise needed or eat whatever you want I get the feeling its a scam but I was curious if anyone has had any personal experience with it. I was thinking it would be something I could add to my diet and fitness regemint to help when I platua? Thoughts?

And please excuse my spelling theres no spell check on here lol :laugh:
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You know the answer, you said it yourself: there is no magic pill. I haven't tried Sensa because I know these "weight loss in a bottle" companies are almost always out for two things: your money and your contact info so they can sell it to other companies. I can almost guarantee once you sign up and figure out the product doesn't work, you'll find it incredibly difficult to get them to stop billing you monthly and you'll notice an increase in offers for other scam products.

Stick with what you are doing, save your money!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    ive heard it has a strange metallic flavor and that it makes certain foods really bitter. Personally, id rather have an all natural fat burner (with cayenne, green tea,ginger, cinnamon, etc) because at least if its a placebo it wont affect my foods taste and its less expensive :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's amazing, you should definitely use it. I put it on everything!

Booo to the haters!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it didn't do anything for me. But somethings are not made for everyone. I say try it and if it works, run with it!!!!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    i asked this question myself about 2 weeks ago. everyone who tried it said it works, one even offered to have a bottle of water and a small apple before meals as the same thing. i'm trying the apple first cause im flat broke, but it seems to be working. i'm going to tru sensa as soon as i get some spending cash. good luck to you
  • dcarreno
    Options
    wow that limits so many of us. Maybe try private forums if you don't want everyone on MFP to "judge" what you say.
  • manjot01
    Options
    My friend tried it and had no results... i think it would be a waste of money
  • angelbaby12
    angelbaby12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I know about it is that Patti Stanger of Millionaire Matchmaker fame used it and lost 20 or so pounds. I tend to agree with one of the other posters though that most of the time these types of companies want to lay hands on your credit card information and when you're ready to stop using the product you have a really difficult time ending the monthly subscription for it (which is usually the only way that they will allow you to purchase it).

Good luck in whatever you decide. If you do use it, I'd love to hear your results.
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've had one person (a stranger) in the restroom tell me that she lost 40 pounds using the product. Does the guy who invented it know his *kitten* from a hole in the ground? Who knows? But it works for some people obviously or he's paying people to say it works. Maybe it's something scientific, or maybe it's placebo effect. Some of the arguments for the product make sense to me. I am one of those people who don't have a shut off valve on my appetite so portion control is very important to me. If I eat I think I'm full, about 20 minutes later I'm miserable or stuffed. Maybe there is something to the sense of smell and satiation. I don't know.

One thing that can't be disputed is that a pound of body fat equates to approximately 3500 calories. So if you have a calorie deficit of 500 calories (meaning that you burn 500 calories more than you eat each day) you would lose approximately one pound per week.

Whatever tools you use is up to YOU. If you are unsure, ask your doctor.

Good luck!

p.s. Be kind, people! :-)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have not personally tried it, but I have had several people tell me it does not work, and it does give your food a strange metallic taste. Maybe that's the secret I don't know? If that's the case, I think there are easier ways to make your food taste nasty for free.
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can purchase Sensa at GNC stores so if it doesn't work you can get your money back within 30 days. I would go there to buy mine instead of giving my credit card number to be set up on auto pay.
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've tried it.... it seemed to work a little but I think I may have also been eating a little healthier, not going back for seconds, etc.... I think I wanted it to work because I was spending so much money on it so that was why I ate better. But I could be wrong. =)
    I ended up giving some to another family member (because I stupidly signed up for auto-ship and then kept forgetting to cancel the order) and she lost some weight on it but she also had some kind of allergic reaction to it so she had to stop using it. I think it gave her headaches and hives or something... but she thought it was helping her lose weight when she was using it. =)

(edited by moderator)
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I think if it comes in a pill or bottle its not worth it. :)

A lot of the men and women on here who have lost weight have done it the good 'ol fasion weigh: Hard Work And Eatting Right.

Look at some of the sucess stories and ask them what their secrets are....its never a pill, shake, drop, or injection.(well maybe there some but i havent read them yet)

Anyway theres my 2cents
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My issue is not Sensa -- you are seriously working out 4-5X a day? What in the world are you doing?:noway:
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    What is Sensa?? I've never heard of it
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    A lady from my church started to use it several months ago and has lost 40 lbs. She swears by it even to the point of giving me an entire box of the stuff. But I never did try it. I figured that once I started and it did work I would have to pay to get it which I really could not afford. However, their Facebook page has some very good loyal reviews and people on it........
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Wanted to add that my friend also told me that her urine was full of fat and grease and it made me question the effects that might have on a bladder......
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    2nd I know there is no magic pill that you can take and poof your skinny

So you must be taking Hydroxycut for the side effects.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    My issue is not Sensa -- you are seriously working out 4-5X a day? What in the world are you doing?:noway:

This was a typo on my part :noway: I ment a week lol