Skinny Fat Diet?

Options
What's a good diet plan for a skinny fat person to build muscle and lose the excess fat?

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Like to stay skinny fat or to get away from that?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    The juice diet, the 17 day diet, hcg diet, any fast/detox, etc..
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Get away..far away haha
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Do the 500 calorie diet and start smoking cigarettes and shots of vodka in between bites of celery, you should be good!
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    Do the 500 calorie diet and start smoking cigarettes and shots of vodka in between bites of celery, you should be good!
    Haha that the 6-feet under plan?
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I believe people are misunderstanding your question?? You consider yourself skinny fat and are trying to become healthier, right?

:) I vote high protein, smart carbs, and strength training.

Circuit training will kill more calories and get you there faster.

This is so easy to type. Why can't I do it? Haha. But anyways, enough about me, good luck to you!!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

I agree. :wink:
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Hey that's what I do!! Except I don't smoke cigarettes. I prefer crack.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Options
    I thought your post was satire! :op I think maybe upping your protein and really focusing on heavy lifting would help? But then again I've only lost 3.5 lbs so far so I'm a complete novice and could only hope to attain skinny fat instead of chubby fat! ;)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Options

Hey that's what I do!! Except I don't smoke cigarettes. I prefer crack.

:laugh:
  • JeremiahStone
    Options
    I believe people are misunderstanding your question?? You consider yourself skinny fat and are trying to become healthier, right?

This is so easy to type. Why can't I do it? Haha. But anyways, enough about me, good luck to you!!
    THANK YOU lol
    Sorry everyone I wasn't kidding it was a serious question :)
  • bewell33
    bewell33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAH!!! You're both hillarious! Epically great show,matched my an epically great comment! nicely done!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Get away..far away haha

Ah. That's better.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/building-muscle.php
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lots of healthy, high fiber carbs along with high protein diet. Probably eat 2500 cal and find a personal trainer to build muscle. Or try p90x. Great muscle build program.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Definitely work on strength training. Have you looked into P90X? I know guys on here got ripped after doing that and upping their protein. But you don't need to a fixed program, just make one yourself if you don't want to spend the money on P90X.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    What's a good diet plan for a skinny fat person to build muscle and lose the excess fat?

~20% caloric surplus, at least 1g protein/lb of body weight, complex carbs like oats and lentils, plenty of fats, heavy compound lift routine no more than 3x/week. look into starting strength or stronglifts 5x5.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I agree. Healthy eating habits (lean meats, whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, lots of water) and exercise (cardio and strength training) will do it.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

This is it! No white carbs! NO SUGAR! (if only I would stick with that.....)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, eat lots, lift heavy... sorted :happy:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

~20% caloric surplus, at least 1g protein/lb of body weight, complex carbs like oats and lentils, plenty of fats, heavy compound lift routine no more than 3x/week. look into starting strength or stronglifts 5x5.

You answered for me :)

Except if he is relatively happy with his current weight then 20% surplus may be a tad excessive. For bulking, I only go 10-15% but I prefer a slow bulk.

You can fit "dirty" carbs into the diet no problem as well but you don't get the same macronutrients as you do from "clean" ones obviously.