New

Options
loorana
loorana Posts: 16 Member
Hey everyone, I am new to this. I have been able to loose 14lbs on my own but for some reason it seems like I am stuck now and can't get under the weight I am now. I decided to try something new and I am hoping this would work.

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will find much needed support and motivation here...
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi
    This is a great site for support and tracking your food.
    Feel free to add me

Shaz
  • loorana
    Options
    Thank you for the support.. I started this site a while ago and stopped using it. Now I am back and ready to not give up this time around.
  • runwithmike
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • mse123
    mse123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been using this site for (1) month now, and the weight is finally coming off !!! By the way, I was born in Brooklyn but live in Seattle now !!!
  • loorana
    Options
    From BK to Seattle....is it better there??
    I am glad your weight is coming off, I hope it does the same for me
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am in kind of the same boat. I lost about 10 on my own, another 5 through here, and have kind of been stuck for a while. Feel free to add me.
  • Sarahelgato
    Options
    Hey there! I'm semi-new. I've been using this website/mobile app on & off for the past few months. But I'm here to lose 13-15 pounds so I'm in the same boat as you. :)
  • Mcc96
    Mcc96 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, I joined only a day or so ago, and also am in the 14-16 lb goal weight loss range. Have lost just 8 lbs but am confident that this site will encourage me to lose the rest!
  • rachelcschmidt
    Options
    sounds like these are the peeps i need to keep up with! I'm stuck with the last 10 lbs of baby weight. I feel like I'm plenty active but I just can't get my eating habits under control. I've cut out COFFEE and switched to green tea, I've been making my own vegetable juices since I'm never going to eat kale and celery straight, and I'm cooking all my meals at home. But I totally screw myself every night when the hubs comes home and starts snacking!! where is my willpower?! If anyone has advice on what works for them after 6 pm, I could really use it!
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371

Lifestyle change maybe :) I have tried many diet , but after a while you either get stuck, give up or gain back the weight. Check my site :) I am sharing what I eat. All the food is moderated so you can enjoy it with no quilt :)
  • loorana
    Options
    I know how that feels. Its frustrating
  • loorana
    Options
    sounds like these are the peeps i need to keep up with! I'm stuck with the last 10 lbs of baby weight. I feel like I'm plenty active but I just can't get my eating habits under control. I've cut out COFFEE and switched to green tea, I've been making my own vegetable juices since I'm never going to eat kale and celery straight, and I'm cooking all my meals at home. But I totally screw myself every night when the hubs comes home and starts snacking!! where is my willpower?! If anyone has advice on what works for them after 6 pm, I could really use it!
    [/quote

I love coffee I dont know how to function without it. I have the same issue as you. There are times where I leave the room to not watch him eat stuff. He loves working out and has his own set of 12 pack (that's what I call them) but we are trying to accomplish different goals.. He wants to gain weight and I want to lose weight so it's hard to try and lose weight at home.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    This is working for me. I'd lost 20 on my own, but had about 20-25 to go and had stalled out. Since October, I'm down another 15 with less than 10 to go!
  • hrwinston
    Options
    Welcome! I joined in 2010 but wasn't serious about it and started back about a month ago. I'm going to stick with it this time :smile: . Feel free to add me.
  • loorana
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss... In my case I am trying to loose around 40lbs. After I had my daughter I kept a lot of weight. After 2 months I was feeling horrible about myself.. somehow I found the motivation to loose some weight. At that time I was 209lbs, so on my own I started to eat healthier and workout at home 6 times a week for an hour while the baby took naps and since I didn't have to go to work. By the time I had to return to work I was 189 lbs, now I am back to work and it just seems like I lost that extreme motivation I had and find it harder to work out and eat healthier. I have been trying and the only results I have had is 10lbs in total in 6 months...so now I am 179 lbs. I want to be 135-140lbs and I will be happy as can be :happy:
  • SlowlyFighting
    SlowlyFighting Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I'm worst around 9pm! I just get into this mindset where I think I don't care about the calories and it doesn't matter, and then the next day I'm always annoyed at myself and vow it HAS to stop and then it's the same a few days later! It's the worst Groundhog Day to be in. My mother always suggests that I eat properly during the day, and don't cut back the next few days to compensate, which is probably brilliant, but I hate taking advice from her, stuck as a stubborn little girl forever!
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome hope you have a great day
  • loorana
    Options
    Thank you
  • aquapussy
    Options
    [url] http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/425644-if-you-re-not-losing-and-you-re-in-a-caloric-deficit [/url]

Here is an excellent post for getting over "stalls". I don't like to call them plateaus because most of the time it is me that is the problem!

Welcome and feel free to add me!