Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict. At least 1 a day... It start in University - my roommate drank nothing but Diet Coke and I drank it because it was there.

As terrible as my addiction is 6 years later, I'm still convinced my roommate saved me from the Freshman 15 (or more) because we drank diet pop instead of crap loads of sugar.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I will stand up and confess!

Another addict - I don't drink milk, tea or coffee - orange juice just isn't worth the calories so other than water, I drink Diet Coke.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    love it!
    aslo diet dr.pepper :)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time. I mean, there was ALWAYS a soda present. I quit drinking it a few months ago and after about 2 weeks, I felt SO much better! My tummy had been bloated from it and I didnt even realize it. I thought I always needed the caffeine, but once I was weaned, I found out I was okay without it.
  • Suzymo3
    Suzymo3 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I too love diet coke but,only drink it as a treat...on weekends or when I go out to eat. If I had it around the house, I would always choose it instead of water.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is beverage of choice these days.

Yesssssss
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I love diet coke but I don't have it as often as I like, which is a good thing. Maybe 2-3 times a month. BUT it has to be fountain!

I sometimes go through the McDonalds drive through just to order a diet coke. Their diet coke must have like crack or something in it....no one else's tastes as good!

I am also a major diet coke addict...bad for me but oh soooo good !
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time, I got down to 2 a day and now I don't drink any! If u like the fizz or the flavor, try a carbonated flavored water, then reduce that down to water with either some crystal lite or a slice of lemon or other citrus. I do have caffine though but coffee, prob not good either but its only for breakfast and then I drink water the rest of the day. Good luck to you and hope this helps!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I drink a 2 liter of Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi a day.

Makes me feel less guity about my 3 cans a week of diet cherry pepsi!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sitting here and currently sipping on a Diet Coke. :laugh:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you all, i drink one (diet coke) on the way to work, one for lunch and one when i get home. Yes it has artificial sweetener in it which isnt good for you but its 0 calories so it doesnt hurt the diet. I drink it in lieu of coffee because i cant stand the taste of hot water. I dont drink alcohol or smoke so its my only vice really. Most of our processed foods have things in it that arent good for you either so I'm not going to worry about a little diet coke. speaking of diet coke... i think i left my can out in the car....gotta go!!!!
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love diet coke but I don't have it as often as I like, which is a good thing. Maybe 2-3 times a month. BUT it has to be fountain!

I sometimes go through the McDonalds drive through just to order a diet coke. Their diet coke must have like crack or something in it....no one else's tastes as good!

I am also a major diet coke addict...bad for me but oh soooo good !

YES! I also go thru the McDonald's drive thru ONLY for a big DC. It's so lame. I have one sitting next to me. Ugh. And of course, as I drink it, I will dwell on this:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20075358-10391704.html

Just one of the studies showing that while it doesn't necessarily make you HUNGRY, it makes you subconciously crave more food. POop.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    COKE? Are you KIDDING me, people?
    Diet PEPSI is bomb.
    I can't live without it. A LOT of it. All day.
    Diet Pepsi? yuck..... thats like picking up the last chick at the bar... only if you have too....
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Interesting story: A nurse(RN) told me that she was ordered to remove all the diet cokes from a patient's room once. The patient had been diagnosed with aspartame-induced seizures. I don't know if there is such a thing as aspartame-induced seizures but found the rest of the story troubling. The patient had CASES of the stuff stashed in her room. When the staff removed them she became angry and was cursing and screaming. Sounds like an addict to me....

However, I am not qualified to say if diet coke is really bad for you or not - I don't even drink the stuff myself. If it doesn't interfere with weight loss or health, then I wouldn't worry about it.
  • jazbar757
    Options
    Coke Zero is my crack I have to have to. I'm going thur REHAB in my mind for Carbs and Coke. I need Help
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted too!!!!! Mostly I need the caffeine because I work two jobs. You don't wanna see me without my morning Sonic Happy Hour Diet Cherry Coke!!!!:wink:
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    I used to drink coke almost everyday in high school, then some how got bugged of it and gave it up all together :happy:
    I don't crave for any soda at all.
    Hope you get bugged of it and give it up!
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    I love diet coke, as does my OH. It's so hard not to drink it all the time, but I'm quitting again - doing ok so far too :)