Two years and 95lbs w/pics

Options
JeanneTops
JeanneTops Posts: 2,607 Member
Today is my second anniversary with MFP. I have lost 95 pounds and reached my goal of "Fit by Sixy!"

Here's the picture that sparked the journey:

Start_photo.jpg

And here's my 60th birthday photo from yesterday:

Birthday.jpg

The stats are:

Height: 5'6"
SW: 242.5lbs
CW: 147.5lbs

I did it my logging in everything I eat, by exercising for an hour daily (elliptical trainer) and copious amounts of patience, persistence and perserverance. I take it one day at a time and I only do what I know I can keep doing for the rest of my life. My first and foremost goal is to not gain the weight back.

I'm a big believer in patience - it was hard sometimes to go through the long plateaus and tempting to try to jump start things by cutting back or exercising more. But I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep that up and changing my routine might jeopardize my long term commitment. So I waited..and waited..and eventually the weight loss started up again. Now, here I am in the best shape of my life and I don't even remember those plateaus. Staying healthy and fit and at a normal weight is so much better than getting here fast!

I'm going to stay on MFP and continue logging daily forever. This is what it takes to stay this way. I'm happy, I feel great and I'm going to stay that way!

Replies

• Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look absolutely AMAZING! Happy Holidays!
  • Moms3Kwa
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! So wonderful and inspiring! Major congrats! :smile:
  • judejacklucy
    Options
    Congratulations! You look gorgeous!
  • sooz1967
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!!! God bless you!!!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! Happy birthday! :)
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    First of all let me say, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY - and I would never guess in a million years that you are 60 (not that that is old in my standards) - but you look PHENOMENAL!!! - Thank you for explaining how you got to where you want to be!!! - So many of us want instant gratification (me, me, me) and it just does not happen that way!!! -

Merry Christmas and I raise my glass to toast to your accomplishments and continued healthy and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

BRAVO!!!!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday...you look easily 20 years younger! Congratulations! Proof that patience is a key component of discipline!
  • blackbelt7
    blackbelt7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday...you look easily 20 years younger! Congratulations! Proof that patience is a key component of discipline!

Agreed! you look fabulous! congratulations on your hard work!
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OMG!! well done! x
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. Congrats on your weight loss! What a way to celebrate your 60th, happy birthday!!
    Thank you for sharing your story. It is so motivation to see and read that it was done by keeping things real.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You are my hero! Congratulations first off. Secondly - I applaud you loudly for having the patience and perseverance to continue on whilst stuck on a plateau. So many times I see people whine that they haven't lost anything in a week or two of trying HARD...doing everything they can and they're ready to give up... it is patience and a continuous relationship with exercise and food that will eventually find you back in the losing mode. Giving up will put you right back to where you came from... which for many of us is not a healthy place.

Thanks for your post. I am in my late 40s and it is not as easy to lose as it was when I was younger. I know this time I don't have to worry how hard it will be to lose weight when I'm older because I won't need to because this is forever... but I wish I had learned this lifelong lesson the last time!

Continued success will be yours because you know exactly what you are doing! Congratulations once again. You look fantastic!
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and Happy Birthday!
  • Shei0307
    Options
    Wow! U look fab! Happy birthday!:smile:
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great--not only slim but healthy.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Today is my second anniversary with MFP. I have lost 95 pounds and reached my goal of "Fit by Sixy!"

Here's the picture that sparked the journey:

Start_photo.jpg

And here's my 60th birthday photo from yesterday:

Birthday.jpg

The stats are:

Height: 5'6"
    SW: 242.5lbs
    CW: 147.5lbs

I did it my logging in everything I eat, by exercising for an hour daily (elliptical trainer) and copious amounts of patience, persistence and perserverance. I take it one day at a time and I only do what I know I can keep doing for the rest of my life. My first and foremost goal is to not gain the weight back.

I'm a big believer in patience - it was hard sometimes to go through the long plateaus and tempting to try to jump start things by cutting back or exercising more. But I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep that up and changing my routine might jeopardize my long term commitment. So I waited..and waited..and eventually the weight loss started up again. Now, here I am in the best shape of my life and I don't even remember those plateaus. Staying healthy and fit and at a normal weight is so much better than getting here fast!

I'm going to stay on MFP and continue logging daily forever. This is what it takes to stay this way. I'm happy, I feel great and I'm going to stay that way!

Oh my goodness! You look FANTABULOUS! I hope I can look as good as you at 60 (which I'm not that far away), but still . . . You look great! Congratulations on all of your hard work. It has paid dividends!
  • pdw432
    Options
    Great Job!!! You look beautiful.:wink:
  • nccunurse2013
    nccunurse2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!