Friend Requests

Options
monroe61
monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
What makes you friend request someone?

I have only asked one person and the rest ask me...just curious what makes you want to be someones friend.

I think I would choose someone if I see them on the message boards and they seem very inspirational or motivating and/or have done a fantastic job so far (which is everyone) or maybe someone with similiar goals to my own....

So what do you look for??

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I like funny people. If I see someone's reponse in a forum that makes me laugh out loud..I request them.
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way....I like to inspire others and I look for the same!! I don't ask people to send me a message in order for me to accept....we are all here for the same reason!! The more the merrier!! I like people in general!! So if you want to add me, feel free!!

Ed
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    mostly how they post on the fourms, one guy was really funny and figured that i need to add a little humor to my home page. laughter is the best medication.

sometimes if they ask. but i tend to say away from those that have 45 friends.

i added one friend because i was asked to by one of my current friends to hel[p motivate to come back.

i also try and find people that are like minded and here to do something rather then just socialize. (JUST like at the Gym)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I like funny people. If I see someone's reponse in a forum that makes me laugh out loud..I request them.

Me too, there's no better medicine than humour!!

If people friend request me I usually accept, but if I see someone add a comment to a forum or another mfp's status and i like the sound of them I'll send them a request. I try and keep away from people who take things too seriously though, that's not a road I wander on very often!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Funny people, people with the same weight loss goals, and/or people who have amazing results that inspire me....
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    Funny people, people with the same weight loss goals, and/or people who have amazing results that inspire me....

This :smile:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    What makes you friend request someone?

I have only asked one person and the rest ask me...just curious what makes you want to be someones friend.

I think I would choose someone if I see them on the message boards and they seem very inspirational or motivating and/or have done a fantastic job so far (which is everyone) or maybe someone with similiar goals to my own....

So what do you look for??

Usually they are either funny or they are inspirational. Sometimes I see someone who comments on few of my friends comments and I want to friend them so we can all be friends :))
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Personality and people who are here most days... I need the support and know I cannot do this on my own. If you plan on being around for a while add me :) I have a great group of friends (some who have... interesting personalities) all whom are motivated and motivating :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If they are funny and witty,make me laugh or think about the deeper things in life.

Oh...and if she is HOT too. :smokin:
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Some people on their profile say" I will only accept your friend request if you put a message or have your diary open". Its like a bloody job interview!! These ones I dont even bother.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    here is my reason for sending requests:
    great response (informative) in the forums,
    witty,
    funny,
    inspirational,
    etc.
  • Nicola0000
    Options
    And some guys I look at who their friends are, have only female friends. Whats that about????
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    And some guys I look at who their friends are, have only female friends. Whats that about????

LOL Yeah I noticed that one too
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Drama-free folks who are motivational, complimentary, have similar goals and common interests. I especially enjoy encouraging folks to jog/run and stick with their exercise regimen.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I think it might be the FBI outfit, as I get a lot of comments about it in friend requests lol

I have only asked one or two people, all of my other friends have requested me. :flowerforyou:
  • MakeItHappenAnt
    Options
    mainly 4 us 2 feed off each other in the for of positive energy. we're all in need of encouragement in fulfilling our fitness journeys, so i just avail myself as much as possible 2 inspire someone, which in turn will inspire me. excellent question!
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If the person is very inspiring and has great information to share I will send them a friend request. Plus if they are funny. We are all fighting the same battle, who am I to judge another human. I will normally accept anyone as a friend unless I learn they have ulterior motives like trying to turn this into a dating website. Then I will delete them. This is not Matchmaker.com. Foolishness
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I friend everyone who wants to add me for whatever reason.

I send friend requests to people who say they need motivation.

I send requests to people that I'm on a team with for a challenge. So I've gotten a lot of friends that way.

And if you're cute, doesn't hurt to throw a friend request their way, some people like those ego boosters.:tongue:
  • Nicola0000
    Options
    If the person is very inspiring and has great information to share I will send them a friend request. Plus if they are funny. We are all fighting the same battle, who am I to judge another human. I will normally accept anyone as a friend unless I learn they have ulterior motives like trying to turn this into a dating website. Then I will delete them. This is not Matchmaker.com. Foolishness

Not had one of those luckily!!
  • blueandigo
    Options
    I don't. It makes me feel like a stalker : /