When were you last hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    When I woke up this morning. I am always hungry the moment I wake up.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Right now!! Had breakfast about 2.5 hrs ago and feel like it's time for lunch now.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I find that when I am super hungry it's because my diet is missing something - not because I have too much (ie: sugar or carbs). Check your macros AND micros before you run off and decide whole food groups are the cause of society's ruin. So many people here are on the 1,200 calorie/2 hours of elliptical plan that sometimes your hunger just means you need more food!

:flowerforyou:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry now, but I haven't had breakfast yet. I'm typically only hungry when it's time for a meal or snack.

Same here! I'm hungry when it's time to eat! :-)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry now, but I haven't had breakfast yet. I'm typically only hungry when it's time for a meal or snack.

Same here! I'm hungry when it's time to eat! :-)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I find that when I am super hungry it's because my diet is missing something - not because I have too much (ie: sugar or carbs). Check your macros AND micros before you run off and decide whole food groups are the cause of society's ruin. So many people here are on the 1,200 calorie/2 hours of elliptical plan that sometimes your hunger just means you need more food!

:flowerforyou:

Very sensible advice.

I think I may be anaemic, so am going to work on my iron intake for a few weeks.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Always! Luckily I am easily destracted from my constant fantasizing about food.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry right now. I'm getting ready to eat breakfast though.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    When I was losing a pound a week I would get hungry just before my regular meal times. But since I changed to lose 1/2 pound a week, I don't usually get hungry at all.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound really hippie-dippy - don't say I didn't warn you.

For me, living and traveling in a developing nation has really made me rethink the idea of the word "hungry". Over the past six months, I've traveled to very rural parts of China, where hunger is a reality. Not "oh man I left my sandwich on the counter" hunger, but "I wonder when I'll get to eat again" hunger. When our group of teachers traveled over the course of the summer, there were several times when our hosts would feed us a meal, then scrape the leftovers from our plates into bowls and use that to feed themselves and their children.

Maybe this sounds dumb, but it really was a pivotal point in my relationship with food - if I had to answer honestly, I've never actually been hungry. Somehow, this knowledge has made it much easier to go between my planned meals and snacks without obsessing over tummy rumbles.
    It's a good perspective. But just because we aren't starving doesn't mean that we don't have a legitimate hunger drive.
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I'm hungry right now!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    It's a good perspective. But just because we aren't starving doesn't mean that we don't have a legitimate hunger drive.

I absolutely agree with you, I guess it just makes me deal with the hunger better? Like if I'm hungry at 4pm, I know I am going to have dinner at 7pm, so I can sort of take solace in that, if it makes any sense.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

I absolutely agree with you, I guess it just makes me deal with the hunger better? Like if I'm hungry at 4pm, I know I am going to have dinner at 7pm, so I can sort of take solace in that, if it makes any sense.

I only get concerned by hunger if I feel I am about to faint or throw up (both of which happen on occasion).

But I feel slightly hungry much of the time! I am not one to confuse genuine physical need for food with cravings. I am mostly honest with myself about everything, and very in tune with my body.
  • mareowner
    Options
    Rarely: I eat every 2 hours and drink a lot of fluids. With a little hot water, I get on kicks with tea and currently Maxwell House International Cafe Decaffinated Sugar Free Swiss Mocha or Vanilla. Careful measurements= 15 calories per drink!

6176597.png