I feel like I failed myself........

Options
Last year I was doing so good. I lost 60 pounds and I was so sure by now i would be down 40 more pounds. Well guess what I was wrong, I havent lost anything I gained 15 pounds. I feel like i cant control my eating, I dont want to work out anymore and it feels like i have completely failed myself. I feel like i've turned back into the old me and i dont know what to do. somebody please help:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Replies

• ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    Last year I was doing so good. I lost 60 pounds and I was so sure by now i would be down 40 more pounds. Well guess what I was wrong, I havent lost anything I gained 15 pounds. I feel like i cant control my eating, I dont want to work out anymore and it feels like i have completely failed myself. I feel like i've turned back into the old me and i dont know what to do. somebody please help:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Hmm..How about trying something new?....LIke instead of walking, maybe take kick boxing classes or something. Sounds like maybe you got bored?...Try some new recipes:)..You can do it!!!>.You have done so well !:flowerforyou:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    My first question to you is why do you really want to lose weight?

Once you have truthfully answered that, you can begin again. Take it one day at a time because you didn't put on the weight overnight it took years of poor eating habits and no exercise.

Start fresh right now, don't put off to tomorrow what you can start today.

Learn from your mistakes.

Ask yourself the tough questions: Why did I gain the Weight Back, Why don't I want to go to the gym?

In order to become healthy you must first learn what caused you to be so unhealthy.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Start reading success stories on this site, join an excercise class or running club, download some healthy recipes, stop having a pity party and get back at it girl!!! Only you can do this for yourself and you can do it!! Now start doing it and quit your belly achin! :tongue:

Really you can do it, change up your routine and try something new. :flowerforyou:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Start reading success stories on this site, join an excercise class or running club, download some healthy recipes, stop having a pity party and get back at it girl!!! Only you can do this for yourself and you can do it!! Now start doing it and quit your belly achin! :tongue:

Really you can do it, change up your routine and try something new. :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Incorporate activity into your life. You don't need to put on gym clothes and go to the gym to work out. Take a walk in your neighborhood, do yard work, clean out your garage, and when you need to go shopping walk in the least efficient way from store to store in the mall. Then there are the old "take the stairs" and "park far away in the parking lot." Suggest active entertainment for your family and friends such as taking a walk together or riding bikes.

Also, don't deprive yourself of savory, delicious food!! You can eat many different things in modified ways to lose weight.

This website: http://www.hungry-girl.com/ has a lot of good recipes and there's also a cookbook in stores with modified recipes. I know you can do it!! You already have the capability to lose weight because you lost those 60 pounds. Seriously, great job!! You proved to yourself you have the determination to lose weight. Re-evaluate your goals, make a list of things you can do to improve your fitness and nutrition. If you overeat sometimes, you are not a failure. Just start over the next day with a renewed idea of why you are trying to lose weight in the first place. I know you can do it!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Also, don't deprive yourself of savory, delicious food!! You can eat many different things in modified ways to lose weight.

I think sometimes we try to restrict our eating too much. Cutting out your favorite foods can sometimes lead to disaster. You have to learn how to eat what you like instead of removing it all together. Become familiar with the appropriate portion sizes and learn how to savor. So when you are faced with 'bad food' you will know how much you can have.

Anything you do as exercise should be fun. So if you stop doing it you will be missing something enjoyable from you life.:flowerforyou:
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    I know where you are coming from. Last year, I lost over 20 pounds. Slowly the weight crept back on because I stopped eating healthfully and I gave into stress by eating the wrong things, not taking time for me and not exercising. I am now at my heaviest - eight pounds lighter than when I delivered my baby almost 5 years ago.
    The only remedy is to take a deep breath. Say to yourself that you don't want this anymore. Try to incorporate one healthy habit into your day each week. Week one - more water, week two - more physical activity, week three - more whole foods.
    For me, I am starting over, too. You can do it!