Aloha from Hawaii!

Options
Hello group!
I have been using myfitness pal for 3 months. Helps me stay on track. I am currently training for a 1/2 marathon. The Wahine Diva in Honolulu. Anyone have any tips? This is my first.
Mahalo nui loa!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mikelan
    Mikelan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Rent a moped :laugh:
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting training to get myself up to run a 5k, so I'm way farther behind than you. But good luck with your goals!
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Aloha....Train 5 to 10 miles for the most part and do 13 miles about 1 month prior to the race...build your confidence to finish...My Daughter is in the Air Force Stationed in Hawaii :-)

Good Luck! :drinker:
  • victoria1957
    victoria1957 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    stinker!:huh:
  • victoria1957
    Options
    You are probably not as far behind as you think,,,,I am probably being overly ambitious....just signed up for the Great Aloha Run in Feb....I better get a LOT better!
  • victoria1957
    Options
    Thank you! :drinker:
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    this is really off topic, but this thread showed up on my main page just as Mele Kalikimaka came on...made me giggle :laugh:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Aloha - I'm in the middle of training for my 4th half. The Surf City in Huntington Beach, CA. The Wahine is in April right? That should be a fantastic race. I should do that one year.

My tips are follow a training program, make sure you have good shoes and work out your race day nutrition well before hand.

Mele Kaliikimaka
  • maniv01
    Options
    I ran my first half in Maui back in September and beat my own training PR and beat my time again at the Dallas White Rock this month. I found this training plan from Runner World "First Half Marathon Training Plan". I think is a great trianing tool. Here's the website. Good luck and congratulation!
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/1,7120,s6-238-244-258-9369-0,00.html