tattoos! who has 'em?

Options

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have my initial on my lower abdomen, don't like it anymore as I picked a bad location and when I gained weight, a big stretch mark ran through it making it ugly. :frown: maybe at goal weight I will have it re-done to disguise it as something new- the shape lends itself to a butterfly- like as in transformation? IDK. maybe-

I'd LOOOOVE to get a four leaf clover on the inside of my left wrist, but I'm afraid of:
    1. the pain of that location ( I heard it throbs and hurts badly)
    2. judgment from others over a visible tattoo. (school teacher)
    :ohwell:

LUCKY -

I have a tattoo on the inside of each wrist. It hurt but it was not that bad and I'm a HUGE baby when it comes to pain. I teach also and you can hardly notice them AT ALL. If you want a 4 leaf clover I think it wouldn't be a big deal. Just don't get a full sleeve!! :bigsmile:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have six tattoos.

I have a turtle on each ankle, a sun above one of the turtles, a butterfly on my right shoulder, wings/heart with my parents wedding date on my left shoulder, and a flower in between my shoulder blades (see avatar)

Memaw
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i have a small star on my left foot. love it. my good friend who did it passed away last year so its even more special. i only wish i would have bit the bullet and had him do a few more before he died. :cry:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Me 4 -

one on my left hip Rose and a Heart

- used to have my Ex -H name under it but now it's covered (tried really hard to find another man name Paul but didn't work our :laugh: )

got that when I was 19 -

right ankle - shooting star - I was 23

Left shoulder a rose - got that like 11 years ago.

I've gone back and forth about the tramp stamp - finally decided against it - my next tatoo around my left wrist - with a saying I picked out and a pink breast cancer ribbon on the inside of my wrist.

I have to wait a little longer they took a lymph node on my left side - so you have to be careful for a couple of years on anything to do with the left side you could end up with Lymphodema (sp?) which swells you limbs - hopefully by my birthday in Aug I could get it done.]
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I drew Forghorn Leghorn on my arm with a Bic Pen.

Well, well, aren't you adventurous!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have my initial on my lower abdomen, don't like it anymore as I picked a bad location and when I gained weight, a big stretch mark ran through it making it ugly. :frown: maybe at goal weight I will have it re-done to disguise it as something new- the shape lends itself to a butterfly- like as in transformation? IDK. maybe-

I'd LOOOOVE to get a four leaf clover on the inside of my left wrist, but I'm afraid of:
    1. the pain of that location ( I heard it throbs and hurts badly)
    2. judgment from others over a visible tattoo. (school teacher)
    :ohwell:

LUCKY -

I have a tattoo on the inside of each wrist. It hurt but it was not that bad and I'm a HUGE baby when it comes to pain. I teach also and you can hardly notice them AT ALL. If you want a 4 leaf clover I think it wouldn't be a big deal. Just don't get a full sleeve!! :bigsmile:

I saw your picture of the heart and the diamond, and was wondering how bad it hurt. how big are they? it's kinda hard to judge from the picture- it seems like maybe the size of your palm? the one I want would be very small- like the size of a dime. so if I wanted for it to be un-seen, I can just slide my watch down and it is concealed. no sleeve for me:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know tats are getting to be more and more commonplace, I guess its just insecurity that makes me fret about someday losing out on a job or other opportunity because somebody judges me for it.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I have four, but want MORE!! :)

My first was three flowers along my toe line on my right foot.
    Second was a Treble Clef surrounded by fire on my right buttootie cheek
    Third was a musical note on my right boobie
    and Fourth was a skull with a pink bow on top on my left shoulder blade. I'm going to get this one added onto one of these days. I want to have a line of skeletons holding hands (you know, like those paper chains....) with different colored sundresses (and matching bows) on each one. Each skull will have a different expression on their face.....
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I saw your picture of the heart and the diamond, and was wondering how bad it hurt. how big are they? it's kinda hard to judge from the picture- it seems like maybe the size of your palm? the one I want would be very small- like the size of a dime. so if I wanted for it to be un-seen, I can just slide my watch down and it is concealed. no sleeve for me:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know tats are getting to be more and more commonplace, I guess its just insecurity that makes me fret about someday losing out on a job or other opportunity because somebody judges me for it.

Okay...OMG.. I :heart: Princess Aurora! She's my favorite princess!

The diamond is the bigger one and it's about 2in x 2in. I think you will definitely be okay with the little clover. Bracelets and watches work perfectly as a cover. Long sleeves too! :bigsmile:

I work in a school and at a physical therapy clinic with a lot of old people and I've never had any problems with it. They usually like it. :laugh: I'm in so cal though so it's tolerated a little more than most places.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I just have a Texas Longhorn on my right ankle.

I'm sorry. :laugh: Boomer Sooner for me.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i want my next one to have the number '82' in colour with some stars around it maybe, i was born in 82 and am also hoping to lose 82 pounds! lol have lost 51 so far, really want to get there

i havent been a healthy weight in so long, that i want to get a tatt to represent my journey and to have something to remind me how far i have come

any1 got any ideas for a tatt like that? :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I have a pink breast cancer ribbon on my right ankle with my aunts initials on it
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

I was in Vegas one time and this lady came up to me and asked if I had drawn the hearts on the back of my shoulders with a sharpie pen. :huh: :noway:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I was in Vegas one time and this lady came up to me and asked if I had drawn the hearts on the back of my shoulders with a sharpie pen. :huh: :noway:

WTF?

1. why would anyone do that? how could they reach?
    2. how could you get them so perfect if you used a sharpie?
    3. why is it her business?

:noway:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

This says something very deep about your personality.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

WTF?

1. why would anyone do that? how could they reach?
    2. how could you get them so perfect if you used a sharpie?
    3. why is it her business?

:noway:

RIGHT!?!?!?! The logistics alone baffles me. She was older and not so hip so perhaps that was her excuse. :wink:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I have 3.... 2 with butterflies, representing the changes that I went through at that time, and 1 a rose with my, 1st daughters name under it. that was about 8 yrs ago. Now I have a 3yr old little girl who might feel bad when she gets older if I don't put her name on me too. I really am past the tatto phase of life, but I might have to do it again anyway. :smile:
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    ~*~*~Several here too!......I have a gecko that trails up my left lower leg, my initials intertwined together on the lower part of my neck, my soon to be ex hubbys cattle brand on my right hip.....(yeah that one is GONE soon!) and if it counts....I have my eyeliner tattoo'd on too!......
    I'm ready for a butterfly on the back of my neck soon and of course the cover up!......
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    ~*~*~Several here too!......I have a gecko that trails up my left lower leg, my initials intertwined together on the lower part of my neck, my soon to be ex hubbys cattle brand on my right hip.....(yeah that one is GONE soon!) and if it counts....I have my eyeliner tattoo'd on too!......
    I'm ready for a butterfly on the back of my neck soon and of course the cover up!......
    how was the eyeliner? how long ago did you have it done? I see these adds for a new procedure that is suppose to be painfree and less recovery time.:smile:
  • SummerBaby73
    SummerBaby73 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey all...I have 2 tats...one on my left wrist (my name) & one on my right chest (husband name). I want another (butterfly) but I can't find a one that I like! I also want to add my childrens name!