It's Beginning to Not Look Like Christmas....

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
So when do you take your decorations down??

I'm the day after Christmas girl and get some flack about that from friends and family. :embarassed:

How about yourself? :smile:

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Day after for sure. I have to get my bike back in the living room!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    New Years Day at night. I have a hard time putting them away, but justify keeping them up until then because it is still the holiday season! :laugh:
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sometime before the new year.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    we won't be home until the 30th, so then is a good time. I want my living room back to normal and the tacky decorations away.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Christmas day after the kids open presants
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    new years day in this house. i put the tree up the day after thanksgiving. i dont go through all that *kitten* work for nothing :)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    usually around news years, but this year early due to a early party. (with craploads of people)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Generally, right around New Years', but this year my daughter is bringing her kids in the third week of January, so we are extending it by a lot!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Usually New Years Day. Although, I have been known to not even put out decorations on years when the hubs isn't around to help.
  • WillieEverlearn
    WillieEverlearn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Why bother taking them down at all? Christmas will be back again next year.
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Take them down? Why would I do that? I keep those mothers up all year then just put new ones over the top of the burned out ones. Waste of time to take them down when I know I'm just gonna put them back up next year.

Hahaha... couldn't help myself!
  • virgo1978
    virgo1978 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Not until January 6th-ish. After the 12 days of Christmas are over. I love the decorations & lights, so I don't mind leaving them up for a while. :smile:
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I take the decorations down a few days after Christmas. But the tree and lights come down after New Years.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    New Years Day
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't decorate for Christmas.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have some Halloween decorations still up. My purple lights and silver skull tinsel....:blushing:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Some time in January, but I would happily leave them up until Spring.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get back from Xmas things and done with hanging out with friends back in town for the holiday, I guess.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I only decorate the mantle, put up a nativity scene & of course the tree, no hanging decorations or lights, nothing to invasive or space consuming so ours stay up till the weekend after new year.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the day after. My mom though, starts in the afternoon on Christmas Day. EVERYTHING is gone by the end of the day.

JM