digital scales

Options
does anyone have a suggestion for a good but inexpensive digital scale? It doesn't have to measure body fat and have a lot of bells and whistles, I just want one that is accurate! I bought one today, but it's too complicated and seems kind of cheap quality(for the price). I think I will take it back if I can find a better one. Brand names would be great! Thanks

Replies

• daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    does anyone have a suggestion for a good but inexpensive digital scale? It doesn't have to measure body fat and have a lot of bells and whistles, I just want one that is accurate! I bought one today, but it's too complicated and seems kind of cheap quality(for the price). I think I will take it back if I can find a better one. Brand names would be great! Thanks
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    here are some more variously priced scales

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=digital+scale&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

i don't know how well any of these are, i haven't bought a digital yet. i'm actually researching that too
  • duran219
    duran219 Posts: 3
    Options
    I heard that the scale from curves is the best. You can purchase it on avon.com
  • SummerBaby73
    SummerBaby73 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers digital scale. I caught is on sale at Walgreen's about 2 yrs ago. I think I paid about $20 for it, and it's still going strong!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I have a basic digital scale made by Taylor. It takes a battery that looks like a large watch battery and while I've never had to change it out, it's very easy to pop out and replace. I think we bought it in 2004 or 2005. It's really, really easy to zero out. Just step on it, step off of it and wait for it to say "0". Then, step on it and weigh. The only thing I would change is that it weighs to the closest half pound but I'm sure they make a better one by now. We just went with cheap and functional at the time! I don't think we paid more than $25 or $30 for it at the time.
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Ihave a healthometer that I got at walmart. Its AMAZING!! I have had it for 4 years, it has been packed and moved to 6 different houses and still works like the day I got it. IT only cost me around 30 and it tells me how much I weigh and my body fat% without even programing it. IF you want to program it you can for 4 different people. ITs amazing
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I bought a WW one @ Walmart a while back for $20. Gets the job done.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I have a Taylor. It does have body fat and water (hydration) percent option.
    It was only $20 or so, I'm too cheap to pay more.
    It's about 18 months old and is spot on with the doctor scale.
    Becky
  • amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the same Taylor scale as NGWife (I think). It just measures weight, nothing else, but seems to be accurate. It measures out to tenths of a pound....maybe in .2 increments, now that I'm thinking about it.... I like it!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I just purchased an Eat Smart digital scale. I had an older Health-O-Meter dial scale, but I have gotten too old to read the little dial--esp in the morning. :-( Plus, I felt like I couldn't get precise enough readings.

I looked at the body fat scales, but I ultimately decided that they weren't consistent or accurate enough to justify the extra $$.

The Eat Smart is a little less than $30, it uses 4 strain gauge sensors (which are supposed to be very accurate, from what I read--please correct me if that is not true). It just gives the weight, but that's fine.

One thing I have noticed is that it is a little tricky turning the thing on to weigh yourself. You have to tap it with your foot a certain way that I have not entirely mastered yet. My understanding is that many of the digital scales require the same thing--conserves batteries?

Whatever--I am extremely happy with the Eat Smart--it got a lot of good reviews as well on Amazon. I have their (basic--not the deluxe $70 model) kitchen food scale as well.