snacks for a long flight

Options
kermiehiho
kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
Hi Everyone,
Any suggestions for healthy, nonperishable, portable snacks for a 10-hour flight? I'm looking for some starch, some protein, and fiber. The only ideas I have are crackers, nuts, and dried fruit. Sounds a lot like trail mix, hehe.:tongue:

Replies

• kermiehiho
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Any suggestions for healthy, nonperishable, portable snacks for a 10-hour flight? I'm looking for some starch, some protein, and fiber. The only ideas I have are crackers, nuts, and dried fruit. Sounds a lot like trail mix, hehe.:tongue:
  • redreamingme
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Hm what about those bars like cereal bars or protein bars?
  • redreamingme
    Options
    Oh and have a nice trip :]
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has some good ideas on the website:

http://food.yahoo.com/blog/hungrygirl/2053/airplane-eats-exposed-an-hg-survival-guide-to-guilt-free-travel-treats

Have fun!

--ash :flowerforyou:
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    I travel extensively and have many long, long flights - the less I eat and eating only foods that are easy to digest work best for me - sitting still for such an extended period of time can cause water retention and the jet lag seriously effects your appetite and digestive system. Of course drink lots of water and get up and move around as much as possible. In terms of eating the airline food - I usually order the vegetarian special meal -
    Have a good trip - chao :smile:
  • kermiehiho
    Options
    Thanks!
    That hungry girl page is a winner! I will be packing my carry-on like a fruit basket, hehe. :bigsmile: