Anyone just hoping to maintain for the holidays?

Options
Just wondering how many of you are simply planning to maintain during the holiday and then start working at losing again after January 1st.

I'm hoping by maintaining through December (so far so good) I can shock my body back to weight loss in January. Still trying to make better choices, but not depriving myself of the delicious holiday foods that we all love so much!

What are your holiday goals and weight loss plans?

Replies

• moniquelessard
    Options
    maintain (because I am also quite sick) then hoping to hit the gym hard again come January. I won't accept defeat! But I don't think I will be losing weight over the holidays either... ;)
  • dapst3r
    Options
    I am gonna try and stick with it, so far I was able to resist the temptation of all the sweets and stuff at the office this week.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on changing my setting, but I'm at lose 1/2lb week. I have created a greater deficit for the week for tomorrow, and can make up for Sunday during the week. I will also make sure I burn some calories those mornings too.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That's my goal as well, to maintain.
  • KimOakes11
    Options
    Lost 4 pounds since Thanksgiving. DO NOT want to put them back on. The problem is I LOVE sweets. I am making an apple pie for my family and I will have angle food cake with coolwhip and strawberries. Gotta schedule my walks over the next few days!! I am excited and really want to step it up after this Christmas season. Just getting ready....
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I think just trying to maintain for the holidays is a very healthy goal!

We all are going to at least sample the goodies our friends and loved ones make, and as long as we don't go overboard, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    *jumping up and down, hand raised*

Me! I want to maintain! Last year I gained 7 pounds over the 4 weeks before and after Christmas. If I maintain (heck, even if I gain one or two pounds) it would be a huge improvement over last year. But I really want to maintain.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Maintain for me. Which reminds me, Get the ham outta the freezer!!!
  • gardengals
    gardengals Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes ! I think that not gaining anything over the holidays, trying not to go overboard with the sweets and maintaining my exercise routine is just perfect for the holidays. We should all BE KIND TO OURSELVES and do not pile on extra stress .
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. Why add the extra stress of worrying about losing over the holidays. Enjoy a little bit of indulgence, but also not go overboard! I'm happy to see that so many of you are feeling the same way.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My holiday vacation will be burning 3000-5000 calories a day skiing like a madman. So if anything, I'll be getting bigger workouts than I would be when it wasn't the holidays!

I don't plan on altering much, and hope to still be able to get my normal macros in per day. (Plus some liquids to warm me up after a hard day in the snow)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to be on maintenance but I've actually decreased my calories by about 300 during the week so I can eat more on the weekends/holidays.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I set my goal to maintenance in early December and will leave it there until I go back to work on January 3rd. I've lost 40 pounds already, so maintaining for the holidays sounded like a good plan to me. So far... so good!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be switching to Maintenance on Monday,since I just reached my goal weight.

I have a small deficit now,so hopefully on Christmas Day...all will be good!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Count me in the "maintain" group! So far, so good.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    YES ME!!!!!! I do the cooking, and taste testing, so I hoping that's all. I have been saving my calories the last few days and dropping below my goal weight so I can eat. I plan to eat what I want and then run till I fall over, get up and run some more. And here's the thing, if we do gain weight the next few days, we all know how to drop it. So we are golden :)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i am hoping to maintain but wont be upset if i gain a pound or 2. I will start getting it off on monday. I want to enjoy my family and food and not feel guilty....
  • TRIMoses59
    TRIMoses59 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have lost 9 lbs. since Thanksgiving and hope to keep losing. If I only maintain I will not get ticked off! lol. I have joined a great challenge on here that starts Jan, 1st, I am not backing off. I have made me a diet egg custard for Christmas. It only has 93 calories per slice!
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My head says stick with it, it's going well, and I love seeing the scale drop. My stomach and all the goodies say... welll maybe just maintaining is good for this week. We'll see who wins, either way I think it will be motivating.
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to maintain. Im not over doing it as usual. But, I do make sure I burn at least 400 calories a day to make up for most of my snacking :)