Looking for new MFP friends over 200 lbs

Options

Replies

• penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am also over 200lbs (235.4ls as of this morning). I definately would like to be friends :flowerforyou: If anyone else would like to add me, feel free!
  • dolphingurl75
    dolphingurl75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My HW was 259, CW 219 .. looking to lose another 70lbs . Looking for more friends to help keep me motivate. Please add me if you would like! =)
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You can add me too.

I'm 51 years old, weigh 202 lbs. and am 6 feet tall.

I've been here for a month or so and joined a gym at about the same time. My focus is more on getting in better physical shape than dieting aggressively to lose weight. Don't get me wrong, I really, really want to drop pounds, but I have always been more faithful to exercise than diet and of course diet gives you quicker results so my weight loss is slower than it should be.
    My first goal is to get to a healthy BMI which is 184 at the outside of the range. I would be over the moon to reach that goal by May and my goal weight by Sept..

Frankly, I am thrilled to have lost the 3 lbs I have. I am hankering for a trip to Onderland soon!

95981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    279 here. Go.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 229 pounds. I have lost 11 so far from my starting weight of 240. You can add me =)
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I can offer a couple of tips.

First, don't pay too much attention to people's posts announcing their torching burns, etc. It does not motivate me to read those. I can' t walk for 3 hours or bench press 100s of lbs.

We can, however, push ourselves. Do what you can and push a bit more as your fitness level improves. Don't go too hard or you will injure yourself and that doesn't help at all. Don't skip the stretch after your walks.

95981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and started at 252 pounds on June 18. I'm at 203 today. If you're still looking for more friends, I'd be happy to add you!
  • thagberg2011
    thagberg2011 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 230lbs 5'4. Looking to lose another 80lbs. Feel Free to add me for support
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I begain at 242 and I am around 210 now. Please add if if you like. Looks liek you have tons of responses. That's awesome. I love this site.
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    I'm over 200 pounds and 5'3, I started out @ 246 and I have loss 36 pounds thus far. If there is anyone that is just like me, please feel free to add me.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP on 07-22-2011.

Starting weight: 236

Current weight: 202

Height: 5'3"

My plan is to lose slow and steady.

Feel free to send a friend request.

PS: I don't have any privacy settings: my food/exercise logs are open to all.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I started at 377 lbs and am now at 299 lbs working my way to 185! Anyone who wants too should feel free to friend me.
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Im over 200 as well. First goal 175 lbs. Feel free to add me. Would love support and help motivate others.
    I have lost 18 lbs so far!!
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I weigh 245 right now. You can add me if you like.
  • Stavakoli
    Stavakoli Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Around 216...Feel free to add me!
  • stephj2011
    Options
    Im 230 add me if you would like! :) good luck on your mission!
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    275...feel free to add me...I'll be in the 200's for a few more months (but not forever). I plan to get to <199.9 by my birthday in August.
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    I'm 245 right now, and I want to be in onederland by December. Add me if you wish! (:
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my journey at 335lbs. Feel free to add me if you'd like. We can encourage each other to keep on keeping on! Anyone else who would like to add me, feel free to send a request!
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was at 318 when I started and have slowly got down to 296. I'm always looking for more friends so if anyone wants to add me feel free :-) I still have a long way to go, but I plan on seeing it through. Good luck on your journey.