What do you put in the kid's stocking

Options
Ilovepeppers
Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
I'm at a loss and trying to not fill em with tons of candy (just enough to last until June ;) )

Theres a beanie baby, toy puppy, nail polish (in girls), dvd (in boys).... I need ideas! Theyre 2 and 3.

Replies

• NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    A satsuma in the toe! There's always a satsuma :) Or an orange or clementine if you can't get them where you are.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    for my girls we always put an apple or orange.. a little stuffed animal, some nuts, lip gloss and nail polish, little dress up jewelery things, some chocolates, the little mini tubs of play dough.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    New toothbrushes, toothpaste, bathtub crayons, hotwheels, chapstick, pencils/pens, socks, gloves.......
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 girls(4&6) & we always give them a small stuffed animal. This year they're also getting make-up stuff, tattoos, toothbrushes & mini Lalaloopsy toys. I'm usually not too worried about putting too much in the stockings. Last year I had to remind them there was even stuff in them. They are always too busy playing with their other stuff.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    New toothbrushes, toothpaste, bathtub crayons, hotwheels, chapstick, pencils/pens, socks, gloves.......

^^^This kind of stuff. My son hardly eats candy anyway so all I got him this year was one of those little tubes of the mini m&m's. Occasionally a DVD or a book :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    it varies every year for us..always a bit of candy...sometimes play dough, or the washcloths that are compacted so tiny, crayons, coloring books, cars, depends on what the kids want that year
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    one thing they get every year is a new ornament for the tree...
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Slim Jim sticks and beef jerky. I have three daughters and they LOVE jerky in their stockings!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    This is the first year we've really done stockings. My parents never actually filled ours, just hung them. I filled one for my son this year since he is old enough to actually GET everything happening. Wanted to make it a little more magical for him. :)

Bubble bath, a book, some mints (he loves candy canes), a wii remote shaped pillow, a night light and some pokemon cards. Maybe you could try an electric toothbrush or coloring book.
  • Malani2010
    Options
    I have only put toys in their stockings this year but I also have a 23 month old and a 10 month old.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    as a kid, i always got...

two or three clementines
    a chocolate orange
    a toothbrush
    fuzzy socks
    after dinner mints
    and cute stationery

:D
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    my girls who are older get in addition to candy nail polish etc
    razors
    shaving cream
    chap stick
    deodorant\
    body wash
    all in a matching scent/color

the boys get
    matchbox cars
    axe deodorant & body spray
    any small toys i found
    candy
    silly string

EVERYONE even my 10yr old gets a scratch off lottery ticket
    HE'S the one who won $100 last christmas
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    A satsuma in the toe! There's always a satsuma :) Or an orange or clementine if you can't get them where you are.

Thats what my mom put in my stocking growing up
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options

THIS. My parents always put good, practical gifts in the stockings and I loved it. Did it for my kids too. I don't do stockings for the grandkids tho..... maybe I should start.......
  • twildmann
    Options
    cute x-mas socks, hair things, earrings/jewelry, small notepad to draw on, crayons, balls . We also give each of a children an ornament each year so when they grow up and go out on their own, they take the ornaments with them and then they have some for their tree. =)
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Batteries. For all the other dang toys under the tree :)
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    New crayons and coloring books, toothbrush, underwear, crazy straws, comb/brush, fun bath toys, stickers
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    one thing they get every year is a new ornament for the tree...
    that's a nice idea
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    lip glosses, a little dark chocolate, socks, cute gloves, angle dust, gift cards, etc... (i have all girls).
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    There are tons of things!! A train whistle, slinkys, those magnetic writing pads, or the etcha sketches mini ones... You could also do for girls little blankets for wrapping her baby or stuffed animals.. Foe boys I would do hot wheels..