Adult beverages?

Options

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Ice Wine!

What's that?

It's a really sweet dessert wine that is made where it gets really cold. Mine was brought to me my my bf from Ontario. The grapes are harvested after winter has come so the cell walls of the grapes start to explode and get really sweet (I mean REALLY sweet) and it's served cold. Super yummy, but I have to drink it super slowly.

Thanks for the info. May try to find some....any recommendations for a good one?
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Ice Wine!

What's that?

It's a really sweet dessert wine that is made where it gets really cold. Mine was brought to me my my bf from Ontario. The grapes are harvested after winter has come so the cell walls of the grapes start to explode and get really sweet (I mean REALLY sweet) and it's served cold. Super yummy, but I have to drink it super slowly.

Im from Ontario!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Red wine, cheese and crackers.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Ice Wine!

What's that?

Thanks for the info. May try to find some....any recommendations for a good one?

The only one I ever had was Peller Estates because that's what my boyfriend brought for me. :) I like it.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate with frangelico. I've left the bottle of frangelico on the counter and have been taking swings of it every day since I got here. Keeps me mellow enough not to kick my brother in his stupid face.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sauvignon blanc
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Irish Whiskey (at this; moment Bushmill's but my number 1 choice is Jameson). :drinker:

Happy Christmas everybody
  • CariBeth1978
    CariBeth1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bud Light, on the first Idk if I will have another.....:drinker:
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve and I seem to be the only one induldging in egg nog with rum! :drinker:

Stupid amount of calories but there are some traditions worth keeping! :love:
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    Homemade eggnog. Hehe.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Calorie & sugar bomb, made a recipe that uses fruit cocktail

mixed the juice from the fruit cocktail with grape vodka LOL
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    About to crack my first Corona. Wine, and a few mixed drinks to follow throughout the evening. Cheers!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Appletini made with Pinnacle Whipped and a splash of diet sprite

I imagine there will be another cocktail or sangiovese wine after it's gone. :D
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Chardonnay. :) Just was the one that went well with supper but I may finish the bottle.
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    Special Reserve brandy with eggnog... and a shot here and there of the brandy, straight up.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Not right now as it's after midnight, but I had prosecco earlier.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    12 Year-old Single-malt Scotch! Yum!
  • Eyezsoblue311
    Options
    I'm having coke zero and torched cherry rum. Love it!
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    I've already had a glass of chardonnay, 2 bud lights, and pepsi max w/ crowne royal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wooo <3 xmasss
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    If you want to try ice wine try Inniskillin. It's Canadian, I think from Ontario. It's harvested after the grapes have frozen so a lot of the water is gone and what's left is very thick, almost syrupy. It's definitely a dessert wine, best served well chilled. It's super sweet so a little glass is plenty. I don't like wine at all. I want to like it but it makes me shudder every time. I can't even drink it if I'm already good and drunk. My husband loves wine and usually prefers very dry red wine (ick). We both love ice wine. If you have a dinner party, serve it with/for dessert. You'll get compliments.