I'm retreating this weekend!

Options
mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
Well, I'm going on a women's retreat with my church this weekend and I am SO looking forward to it. I don't have to cook, clean up or watch after my two year old son for two days! The only thing I am nervous about is eating this weekend. It's being held at a nice hotel so I hope they have a fitness room! But at the tables during the classes they have chocolates and hard candies, and they have desserts at lunch and dinner! I have only been counting my calories for 3 weeks so I don't feel that I am very good at this yet! So pray for me! I need it!
Have a great weekend everybody!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    Options
    Well, I'm going on a women's retreat with my church this weekend and I am SO looking forward to it. I don't have to cook, clean up or watch after my two year old son for two days! The only thing I am nervous about is eating this weekend. It's being held at a nice hotel so I hope they have a fitness room! But at the tables during the classes they have chocolates and hard candies, and they have desserts at lunch and dinner! I have only been counting my calories for 3 weeks so I don't feel that I am very good at this yet! So pray for me! I need it!
    Have a great weekend everybody!
    Melissa
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    good luck and i'll say a prayer. why don't you take along a healthy snack or two. go prepared so you can reach for something that won't mess you up for the day.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Keep drinking water!!!!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Do you know the name of the hotel? Search it on Expedia or something similar...and you can find out if there's a fitness centre or a pool you could use.

It always helps to know...

god bless you.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i found this article on south beach diet

five tricks for managing treats

sometimes it seems as though Halloween is just an excuse for kids ( and the rest of us) to eat candy. if you're wondering how to enjoy theholiday while sticking to the sound eating principles , here are a few tricks to put in your bag. the following five strategies are foolproof ways to survive halloween without compromising your healthy lifestyle:
    1. provide healthy aternatives for you and your kids, keep a ready supply of nuts, reduced-fat cheese sticks, and fresh fruit on hand throughout the day. this stategy works for two reason: it satisfies your hunger so you won't need to snack on candy to fill you up, and it keeps blood sugar levels stable and thus moderates cravings, minimizing your urge to splurge on sweets.
    2. hand out inedible treats. if you're concerned that a supply of candy in the house will interfere with your progress, consider handing out inedible treats instead. stickers, sugar-free gum, colorful pencils and trading cards are some good options.
    3.keep a snack stash at the office. be prepared for the fact that many co-workers will bring in leftover candy. store diet-friendly snacks (such as high-fiber wholegrain crackers, dried apricots and roasted soybeans) in your desk so you're prepared with alternative muchies.
    4.delight in dark chocolate. you can ocassionally indulge. this means that it's ok to have a piece (or two) of halloween candy. the best choice is a small amount of dark chocolate, since it's rich in antioxidant compounds that have been shown to lower blood pressure and improve blood sugar metabolism in healthy individuals. no matter what candy you choose take three bites and savor each one.
    5. steer clear of the clearance rack. after halloween is over, stores will put candy on sale to make room for other seasonal merchandise. kkep in mind what you've gained by adopting the healthy eating principles --more energy, self-esteem, and best of all, better health--as well as the weight you've lost. staying focused on your goals and accomplishements will help you stay on track--and leave the sale cany on the shelves.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Thanks! I think I will take snacks! Good idea!
This discussion has been closed.