Tasted and rejected....

Options
Arctic Zero ice cream. I tried two flavors - chocolate and vanilla-maple. Vanilla-maple was just barely tolerable. Chocolate was so bad I threw away the container after only a few spoonfuls.

150 calories PER PINT....and it tastes like it, too. VERY disappointed....

Ah well. Back to coconut milk/soy Purely Decadent. *sigh*

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you've eaten worse things.

Like my boy Chewy says:

"Beautiful people gotta make sacrifices"
  • nikki91950
    Options
    have you tried the skinny cow ice cream?

now that stuff's just wrong -_-
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    oh ya skinny cow rocks! but i cant have em in the house cuz i will eat them all! but i like the fiber one brownies. not too bad with a glass of milk for only 90 cal and anything weight watchers is very tasty.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Wish I could have the other types of ice cream, but am celiac, lactose intolerant and dairy allergic. :-(
  • HeatherDraney
    Options
    Try blue bunny frozen yogurt! 90 calories for a half cup, sure it sounds like a lot...but something really yummy is worth a little extra cardio :)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Wish I could have the other types of ice cream, but am celiac, lactose intolerant and dairy allergic. :-(

Not ice cream, but have you tried Ciao Bella sorbets? They are reeeally delicious, dairy-free and gluten-free.
  • slieber
    Options
    No I haven't. Sounds good, though. What's the cal count on it?
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Some of the Edy's / Dreyer's Slow Churned flavors are 90cal / half cup.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to eat nasty things. Even if it's low calories, it's not worth it.

PS love your little kitten :)
  • slieber
    Options
    Life is too short to eat nasty things. Even if it's low calories, it's not worth it.

PS love your little kitten :)

LOL! I wholeheartedly agree. And thanks! She's not mine - I stole her from the internet, although I have enough sleepy-face kitty photos now to put one of my own on...
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options

I agree! Even higher calorie things, if I want to include it in my lifestyle, then it better rate more than 8 on an 1-10 scale. Makes it easier to say no to things.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin spice muffins courtesy of the Biggest Loser Cookbook bleh.....why do I still have a container full of them still in my freezer from 3 months ago?? LOL!!!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I've been wanting to try artic zero :(
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I love skinny cow!!

But rice dream and soy dream ice cream is tasty too!
  • slieber
    Options
    I've been wanting to try artic zero :(

It's worth trying because your tastes may be different from mine, but ICK!! I hated it. All of it. So far. If a new flavor shows, I'll try it, just in case but as of right now - ICK.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

100% right!! I much rather eat the one I like even if it has more calories
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    This is making me want ice cream.

Moose tracks yum!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I've had cookies and cream arctic zero, I don't know if it's just me but I loved it! Let it melt a little bit and it tastes just like ice cream.
  • slieber
    Options
    I'm likely unable to eat that one due to gluten issues. If they make it with GF cookies, then I should be okay.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    No I haven't. Sounds good, though. What's the cal count on it?

They vary. The blood orange is the lowest I think -- 60 or 70 calories for a half cup.

ciaobellagelato.com